Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo Build Thread

Ben87

hi there I have just bought exactly the same year and model in the dark grey , hoping to do some mods in the future i.e delete egr , panel filter , then remap and st body rims and lower springs.. how much did u drop it by? i think mines a euro 4 as it has the solenoid on the egr valve will It still run sweet if I get the em light blanked? also whats yours sounding like with the decat? does it effect m.o.t emissions crap with no cat?

new to modding trying to get as much info as poss so if im talking !Removed! plz tell me haha

nice looking motor well done man

cheers guys

Hi tom, thanks for the comments.

Sounds like you've got some good plans for yours ahead of you :-).

It's lowered on eibachs 40mm front 30mm on the rear.

If yours is the euro 4 engine then when you blank the egr i think it will throw the EML light on should run better as long as you clean out any gunk in the EGR and inlet manifold before blanking. I believe some people live with it and just check the codes once a month.

I've been told mine sounds pretty good with the decat for a diesel but I've also got a catback stainless steel powerflow exhaust. I can make a video of it if you'd like to hear?

Having the decat didn't affect the emissions passes every year without it. As long as your mondeo isn't piling put black smoke you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

yeah hoping to do it st style body style etc and stage 1 mods on the engine nothing to pricey or massive as its still gna ferry my family about haha

yeah a video would be good if u can do one, so what exhaust system would be best on the diesel do u think, don't want it to loud like haha ?

im gona delete the egr completely with the stainless pipe kit u can find on eBay etc, im hoping I can get the EML deleted for good when I get the remap done so fingers crossed just clear the manifold.

the car I bought hasn't had a lot if any tlc atall so first things first get it to ford for a full service and the see how she is , then once I know sheel handle any extra horse without dieing ill crack on with the fun.

cheers for the reply

• 1 year later...

Gents, sorry to hijack this thread but seems like a good place to ask the question, as I'd like to avoid opening a new one:

Since my MK3 Mondeo came with standard halogen headlights and I'm a big fan of projector lenses, is there any kit for converting them as such? I'm not looking into replacing the bulbs with HIDs, maybe LEDs in time, but for now, I'd like to have projectors only. And legal, without any workarounds if possible.

Any ideas? Cheers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club