Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

I did put a link on here about a yellow corsa but removed it as I didn't read the whole story being on my phone,the item is on the BBC news online.

Still doesn't excuse vandalising a pensioners car though. Poor guy, why shouldn't he have a colour he likes? Good on him for saying he'll get a green one if that one is written off!

• Like 2

Yes it's bad but just had to be a Vauxhall,sorry for the chap as no one deserves stuff like that and I have been there twice with vandalising my car and being a pensioner makes it even worse for him,all I looked at is 'ugly car'.

52 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Still doesn't excuse vandalising a pensioners car though. Poor guy, why shouldn't he have a colour he likes? Good on him for saying he'll get a green one if that one is written off!

I have taken it off as didn't read the full page as was on my phone,I hate things like this.

Haha don't worry about it. I get what you mean about 'ugly car' :laugh: After all, a yellow Corsa is a niche choice. Good for him having such a vibrant colour at his age though, most elderly people drive grey Jazz's. Glad it hasn't put him off getting another one.

• Like 1

Guess I'll be spotting a Vauxhall in my dad's driveway from now on.

He just bought a Mk6 diesel Astra (against all my advice obviously). :rolleyes1:

49 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Guess I'll be spotting a Vauxhall in my dad's driveway from now on.

He just bought a Mk6 diesel Astra (against all my advice obviously). :rolleyes1:

I've had to see Vauxhalls in my grandfather's driveway all my life, unfortunately...  First a Cavalier, then an Astra van and currently a Meriva.  Not sure what he sees in them, but he's remained loyal so far.  Thankfully after a rather eye-watering MOT bill last year he has intimated that his next car will be a different make, thankfully!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I've had to see Vauxhalls in my grandfather's driveway all my life, unfortunately...  First a Cavalier, then an Astra van and currently a Meriva.  Not sure what he sees in them, but he's remained loyal so far.  Thankfully after a rather eye-watering MOT bill last year he has intimated that his next car will be a different make, thankfully!!

I guess people buy them mainly due to price - they are cheap as chips, the only marques more affordable than them are the 3 french ones. Ford's are overall pricier than Vauxhalls - both new and used. Though in most cases you get what you pay for! :smile:

• Like 1

I would say that Vauxhalls are cheaper than the French equivalent due to their even steeper depreciation! Ford isn't far behind. 

35 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I would say that Vauxhalls are cheaper than the French equivalent due to their even steeper depreciation! Ford isn't far behind. 

Depreciation really is the word for Vauxhalls!  One of my colleagues has a 2013 Astra and since last year it has had a blowing exhaust, squeaking alternator belt and in general the engine sounds like it has 200,000+ miles on the clock.

19 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Depreciation really is the word for Vauxhalls!  One of my colleagues has a 2013 Astra and since last year it has had a blowing exhaust, squeaking alternator belt and in general the engine sounds like it has 200,000+ miles on the clock.

Agree, it's unbelievable how an 18 grand car (when new) can halve in value in just a little over a year!!

Depreciation is a massive thing these day with most cars but vauxhall its like a lead weight,i had a corsa a few years ago and handed it in for

the fiesta i had and the price was so low and only had it 12 months,was a 2009 plate and lost £££££ but same now for a new one there cheap.

Talking of depreciation when I had a Lexus is300h I had it for 5 weeks only. Yes 5 weeks. In that 5 weeks I list 5 grand on it. Yes five thousand pounds in 5 weeks.
Who can beat that on a 1 year old car?

Don't know about beat it - mine was almost opposite.

January 2009 I bought an 07-plate Freelander 2 for £15147

January 2011 I got £15000 for it when part exchanging (at the same LR dealership).

So that one lost £147 in 2 years!

• Like 1

For the last three occasions I've been heading east on the A31, a Pilsdon Auto Breakers flat bed has been on the west bound side with a semi-crashed Vauxhall on it:laugh:

Yesterday's was an red 15 plated Corsa with a rather crushed offside

7 hours ago, Peter_B78 said:

So that one lost £147 in 2 years!

That's slightly better than the £168 lost in 2 years I had on my Peugeot 406 in the early noneties

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That's quite an achievement!

Had the tyres been a lower profile I reckon it would have been a ploughing match rather than show jumping 😀

• Like 1

I hope he got a ticket for parking on double yellow lines!!  Speaking of which, this would be equally relevant in the YPLAC thread... :laugh:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I hope he got a ticket for parking on double yellow lines!!  Speaking of which, this would be equally relevant in the YPLAC thread... :laugh:

The pictures were post up on Twitter by the Dublin City Fire brigade this morning 😁 to explain what they were dealing with.

ttlLaaLaaPoChiming_zpsbus3ux1u.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

The pictures were post up on Twitter by the Dublin City Fire brigade this morning 😁 to explain what they were dealing with.

ttlLaaLaaPoChiming_zpsbus3ux1u.jpg

That picture sums up the mentality/intelligence level of most Vauxhall drivers!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That picture sums up the mentality/intelligence level of most Vauxhall drivers!!

😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm glad you only said most Vauxhall drivers and not all as my 1st car was a Vauxhall and my 9th and neither was a Corsa :ohmy: ..

23 minutes ago, E TEA 66 said:

I'm glad you only said most Vauxhall drivers and not all as my 1st car was a Vauxhall and my 9th and neither was a Corsa :ohmy: ..

I was careful in my wording! :laugh:

There are some perfectly "normal", intelligent and sensible people out there who buy and drive Vauxhalls, believe it or not...  Not many, but a few.

• Like 1

i had 5 vauxhalls . oppps did i realy type that and post up . lol

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club