Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot On Monday

Dee_82

First MOT for this car, as usual starting to think of all the things that could go wrong.

I have a slight wobble in the steering but only at 60 plus speeds and the lovely smoke test which should be ok, whats more concerning is my handbrake, it stops fine, on massive hills it doesn't think twice of stopping and holding the car but it feels like its pulling ever so slightly to one side, its not massively noticeable but if I roll forward then pull the handbrake up the left engages but the right "feels" like it travels a bit further.

Any thoughts?

I have no intention of replacing the shoes since im sticking discs on it soon but if there is something that can be adjusted at the drum temporarily it would be handy!

ill pop the drum off on sunday and take a peek but the left shoe had plenty of life left an hopefully its previous owner didn't just replace one side.

anything else worth checking over?

Happy days!

ha!, the fronts are fine, the rear... less so, good call, hadn't thought about that.

• Like 1

Usual stuff to check, wipers, cracks/chips in windscreen, items on windscreen obscuring view, ie satnav, dash cams etc,lights, tyre tread depths,

• Like 1

another good point, phone holder needs moved, cheers!

It is jobs worth when a car fails on phone holder or dash cam on windscreen, but rules are rules, what you do after mot is of no interest to an mot tester

• Like 1

ya dancer, absolutely spot on, no advisory's.

DPF wasn't an issue at all, he did tuck my "wee me" hanging from the rear view mirror up out of view though so im guessing that's not in the rule book.

Now its time to put the other head lamps back in and start on a bunch of other things that will worry me at the next MOT

Rear disc brakes, here we come! :)

im suprised how many people are worried about MOT's for this car

since owning mine the only issues i've had are advisories, one for a nail in a tyre and the other for a worn out number plate. my second MOT last year was a clean sheet

next one due at the end of feb

• Like 1

Its more of a worry with the work I've either done or had done! :) it is undoubtedly a solid car in every other way

• Like 1

Its more of a worry with the work I've either done or had done! :) it is undoubtedly a solid car in every other way

+ 1 the focus is a solid car all round and if looked after well it should give very little problems. :) My MOT due next month lol!

• Like 1

A bit of topic here but I came across this ad from ford and thought due to the weather it was ideal to post lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjMn8hrJ6c

By the way has ford the only make to do the quick clear front screen?

don't see it much in other car manufacturers bu its a great idea and very practical to have.

• Like 1

Ha, I wish it was as quick as that at clearing, but ill settle for the slightly longer but still much quicker then blowers alone ones we have just now. Ive not had any other car with it but I cant believe no one else has had the idea

in saying that, the rears take longer then any other car ive owned!

Ford own the patents for front heated windscreens, you dont see them in other manufacturers cars because Ford wont let them.

My MOT due in April - im not worried......... famous last words!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club