Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Things, Please Little Minds! (Claybar)

L22EEW

Right I told myself, that I will take great care of Shiesta since purchasing 2 weeks ago.

Noticed some "finger prints" and "smudges" in the paint work & over the door handles of my Fiesta - best way to describe these are, after reading a newspaper you get ink of your finger tips? It's kinda looked like that on the paintwork. After a good wash, I couldn't get them out. :blink: Annoyed me as the paintwork is Frozen white. Anyway never ever used a claybar bar before, until today! WOW, the results are amazing for something so simple.

Purchased a 180g claybar off eBay, and some Autoglym 500ml Rapid Detailer from amazon. Washed and dried the car, and then applied some Rapid detailer. Gently rubbed a piece of clay bar over the affected areas. Then before my eyes those annoying "finger prints" and "smudges" faded, until they completely disappeared. This amazing claybar even remove those annoying tiny rust spots, and those dreaded tar blobs!

As title states "Little things,please little minds" :lol:

For anyone who hasn't used/invested in a claybar - I'd strongly recommend you do.

I'll definitely get a clay bar at some point, never used one before though. I wish I had one when I was cleaning my last car, instead I followed my dad's advice and used T-Cut to get rid of all the tar. I think it took off some of the clearcoat just behind the front wheels where the worst of the tar was lol. I assume a clay bar would do the same job without ruining the paint.

The clay bar should work, providing you can lubricate the area, and have access to rub the bar onto the affected area.

• Like 1

I'll definitely get a clay bar at some point, never used one before though. I wish I had one when I was cleaning my last car, instead I followed my dad's advice and used T-Cut to get rid of all the tar. I think it took off some of the clearcoat just behind the front wheels where the worst of the tar was lol. I assume a clay bar would do the same job without ruining the paint.

You need to get some tar remover on that first Phil. When you clay bar your car you will be amazed at how dirty it is and how smooth it feels afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

You need to get some tar remover on that first Phil. When you clay bar your car you will be amazed at how dirty it is and how smooth it feels afterwards

Yeah I've noticed how rough some parts of the car feel even though it's not 10 months old yet. I might have to spend a day detailing it when the weather gets better, or pay to have it done properly before Ford Fair.

• Like 1

Clay bars are good but a clay mitt is so much quicker and easier to use!

Fair shout, may invest in one of these mitts when my Claybar has had it!! :D

How do you use a clay bar?? I have never used one as I haven't a clue how to use it properly or what it actually does.

They're hard work for your arms but the results are always impressive! My new one hasn't had it yet but it'll probably get a once-over at my next pre-winter detail (so a while, lol).

They're hard work for your arms but the results are always impressive! My new one hasn't had it yet but it'll probably get a once-over at my next pre-winter detail (so a while, lol).

Same here, Waiting for better weather really! As I know when I'll drive to work... the car is going to get filthy - due to the route/wet weather/muddy road.

Same here, Waiting for better weather really! As I know when I'll drive to work... the car is going to get filthy - due to the route/wet weather/muddy road.

You're right there, I washed mine on Sunday afternoon, then after a 20 minute drive on Monday morning it was covered in a weeks worth of muck lol.

If you like your cars super smooth and shiny guys I've got a full by hand exterior detailing guide that I've written for others members. If your interested let me know and I'll pm it to who ever wants it. I can also adapt it for use with a rotary or duel action polisher if your confidant with using either. I'm a detailer with 12 years experience so just ask if you have any questions or need advice on detailing or paint correction.

• Like 3

If you like your cars super smooth and shiny guys I've got a full by hand exterior detailing guide that I've written for others members. If your interested let me know and I'll pm it to who ever wants it. I can also adapt it for use with a rotary or duel action polisher if your confidant with using either. I'm a detailer with 12 years experience so just ask if you have any questions or need advice on detailing or paint correction.

Hi Steven can you pm it to me on how to clean and maintain a white car. Also when to clay a white car, I've clayed a deep blue (state blue) Mondeo in the past and it brought it up a treat, but when do I start with a brand new car?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Laurie start as soon as possible don't be thinking the dealer did a good job you'll be surprised how much muck comes off even a new car

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

StevenST13, could you please pm me your cleaning guide. My car is deep impact blue. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Can someone recommend a good tar remover please?

TarX is great!

Can someone recommend a good tar remover please?

Dodo juice supernatural is amazing, it's got orange oil in as well so smells fabulous too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club