Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheaper Pop Rivets!

jj882

You know I am pretty sure these will do, as will the others. I am going to give them a call tonight to see if they will work.

I think most will its just so they dont cause any damage

Hmm maybe. I think I might just go to Ford do I don't risk getting the wrong ones. It's only one I need anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Did you manage to get the rights ones? I'm looking at fitting one of these:

31mAuBTJ8GL._SX466_.jpg

But will require 8 rivets, and will certainly not pay £2 a rivet from Ford! lol

Just the time you're wasting you could have just paid the 24 quid and been enjoying your part knowing it was fitted with the correct rivets. Yeah it's expensive but you aren't needing 100 of them.

When u add up these things it shows why the car was so dear in the first place.

• Like 2

Just the time you're wasting you could have just paid the 24 quid and been enjoying your part knowing it was fitted with the correct rivets. Yeah it's expensive but you aren't needing 100 of them.

Spot on I do understand it's a lot of money for some rivets but surely if you are modifying your car you love your car and would want it done properly

Valid points there.

I picked up some from eBay from a place called all4cars I think they were 3.49 for 5

I am going to try an fit them this weekend so once I have the rivet gun I shall let you know. I'll also find the listing. I'm convinced these others will do tbh no need to pay 2 quid a rivet

Did you manage to get the rights ones? I'm looking at fitting one of these:

31mAuBTJ8GL._SX466_.jpg

But will require 8 rivets, and will certainly not pay £2 a rivet from Ford! lol

I just reinstalled my front spoiler and only used 4 rivets (along the front row of holes) this time round and just bit the bullet and got the proper ones (FINS 1555829)

post-5052-142819047394_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I just reinstalled my front spoiler and only used 4 rivets (along the front row of holes) this time round and just bit the bullet and got the proper ones (FINS 1555829)

attachicon.gif1428190474379.jpg

Someone's got money to burn throwing money at the correct fixings, lol

These rivets should be the best ones to use to attach trim, they expand when used and spread out like an anchor, a noram rivet will just compress downward sand could pull through the plastic.

• Like 1

Someone's got money to burn throwing money at the correct fixings, lol

These rivets should be the best ones to use to attach trim, they expand when used and spread out like an anchor, a noram rivet will just compress downward sand could pull through the plastic.

It's true though if you think about it. Fixing the plastic trim, with a rivet with a metal sleeve. As we know the rivet sleeve would expand, and when something hard expands against something softer - it will/can cause damage (plus have a poor fixing).

Where instead if the correct rivet is used with a soft plastic sleeve, this would expand against the soft plastic trim - which is theory will not damage, and overall will have a better/secure fixing.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif1428190474379.jpg

Did you buy a new spoiler, or splash out for a new one?

It's true though if you think about it. Fixing the plastic trim, with a rivet with a metal sleeve. As we know the rivet sleeve would expand, and when something hard expands against something softer - it will/can cause damage (plus have a poor fixing).

Were instead if the correct rivet is used with a soft plastic sleeve, this would expand against the soft plastic trim - which is theory will not damage, and overall will have a better/secure fixing.

The correct rivets like willy has used don't have a plastic sleeve, they have small slots in the sides that make the body fold rather than squash down like a normal rivet.

Did you buy a new spoiler, or splash out for a new one?

Reused my old one. Because I used the proper rivets the first time round ;) there was no damage to the part.

Reused my old one. Because I used the proper rivets the first time round ;) there was no damage to the part.

Very ProActive!

• Like 1

Willy, quick question.

I had a look under the front earlier, and seen the 8 rivets currently in place. What size drill piece did you use to drill these out? Just been handy to know when I come round to doing mine ;)

Same question actually! I need to drill mine out first.

I still have no idea why ford said I needed 12 where it only needs 8 really or as you said can be done with 4!

4 is ample if you ask me, plus you can fit as you please.

4 in the front.

or

4 in the back.

or

2 in the front, 2 in the back (zig-zag pattern).

• Like 1

4 is ample if you ask me, plus you can fit as you please.

4 in the front.

or

4 in the back.

or

2 in the front, 2 in the back (zig-zag pattern).

Exactly :)

4 in the front for me and no drilling required :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club