That makes you a male prostitute :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Sarc

Sarc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec (Mk7)

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

That makes you a male prostitute :(

Bit personal! ... I haven't placed any cards in any phone boxes for years now! :P

#18 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25
Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

Bit personal! ... I haven't placed any cards in any phone boxes for years now! :P

Teh interwebz iz wher teh moneyz iz ryt now!

#19 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

ANd of course, always remember to find 2 separate dealers and play one off against the other - managed to get the price right down on mine but getting one to price it up and then going to the other and seeing if they would better it, and then back to the first again . . . . its great fun as you don't have to do any negotiating and let the dealers battle for your business!

#20 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for all the replys! Even though we went abit off topic there :lol:

The 8 price tag included the 3 year gap insurance, 12 months tax, pureguard and 20 petrol and was built before the 600 price increase. If I can get the 1.4 for only 300 extra I think it will be worth while.

I didn't realize there was so many options when buying a new car! The one they are trying to sell me is one they've got in stock 'but it's not on site'. I think another trip to the dealers tomorow is required to see what's what

#21 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

One thing to remember for the future - if you are not going to literally run it into the ground - when it comes time to sell the base model is not going to be easy to sell as it will be 'under-equiped' for what people will want. If there is anyway you can go to the Style/Style+ then do it.

Having said that - can accept that if your budget only goes as far as the Studio model then you'll still love it. Everyone has a budget to work too so we are all in the same boat.

If money was no object I would have a personal plate, keyless entry, Mountune, rear parking sensors, extra airbags . . . .

#22 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

I think it was the style. What's the differnce between the studio/style?

#23 Sarc

Sarc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

Of course, if you did decide to go for the Studio, (or even a Style or Style+), you could always 'do it up' a bit whenever funds allow: A set of basic Halfords alloys for instance, ( http://www.halfords..../...1&langId=-1 ), would do it the world of good.

When I was first considering a Studio or Style, (as well as adding some alloys), I even thought about neatly adding some self-adhesive chrome vinyl striping along the lower edge of the windows, across the boot handle section and possibly even around the edges of the front grill - to give it a mock-Zetec look. (I run my own signs and vinyl graphics business so could always experiment for free with 'off-cuts' to see what it all looked like - and if it looked naff I could always remove them!)

But overall, and at 'first glance' when you see a Mk7 Fiesta on the roads, they all look remarkably similar ... it's just when you view them close-up that you can pick up on any differences, (and even then, apart from the obvious alloys etc, it's probably just Ford owners who would be able to spot any major differences between the models - other car owners won't be aware of the various Fiesta models ... just my opinion anyway).

Apart from the 1.25 and 1.4 engine sizes, I think, (though someone may be able to add extra info), that the main differences between a Studio, Style and Style+, are as follows:

Studio:
Door mirrors = black
Door handles = black
14" steel wheels (with 7-spoke plastic wheel covers)
No AUX connection for playing external music devices
No air conditioning
No heated windscreen
Driver's seat only adjusts forwards & backwards
Electric windows
No chrome bits or front fog lights

Style:
Door mirrors = body colour
Door handles = body colour
15" steel wheels (with 6-spoke plastic wheel covers)
AUX connection for playing external music devices
No air conditioning
No heated windscreen
Driver's seat adjusts height-wise as well as forwards & backwards
Electric windows

Style+:
Same spec as Style, but with additional:
Heated windscreen
Manual air conditioning

and, just in case it's needed, the main extra things on a Zetec, (in addition to those on the Studio+), are as follows:
15" 8-spoke alloys
Front chrome fog lights
Chrome lower front grill, tailgate handle & belt-line finisher
Trip computer
Chrome-surround halogen projector headlights
leather steering wheel
Ambient interior lighting
etc...

If you could pick up a Fiesta brochure from your dealer, (or maybe download one), it shows you all the main differences between the various models, including photos/spec sheets etc.

Paul

#24 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Thanks Paul.

I think it must of been the style as I'm sure the salesman mentioned body coloured somthing.

He also mentioned remote central locking, don't think you get that with the studio. But this could of been an optional extra

#25 Sarc

Sarc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Paul.

I think it must of been the style as I'm sure the salesman mentioned body coloured somthing.

He also mentioned remote central locking, don't think you get that with the studio. But this could of been an optional extra

Not sure if the remote central locking is on the Studio, (it is standard on all other models though), but if he mentioned the body-coloured door handles and mirrors then it does sound like either a Style or Style+.

Just one thing I feel I should mention, whichever model you choose: Ford just tend to supply a 'tyre repair kit' instead of an actual spare wheel, (it's just a compressed tin of something-or-other which is used to temporarily repair a blown tyre ... useless if you've got sidewall damage though). So, if you'd prefer a 'real' spare wheel under your boot's carpet, then you'll probably have to actually ask the dealer. It's described as a 'no cost option', so obviously shouldn't cost any extra.

I've found a brochure online, by the way, (courtesy of Busseys.co.uk). Just click on the following link: http://www.busseys.c...sta/fiesta.html

Hope this helps.

Paul.

#26 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

It was a no cost option a few months back but I think it now sets you back 30 if you order with the car. Any time afterwards and it's 150!

#27 Sarc

Sarc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

It was a no cost option a few months back but I think it now sets you back 30 if you order with the car. Any time afterwards and it's 150!

I suppose it depends on the individual dealer ... I just asked mine about a week and a half ago and he said there would be no problem supplying a 'real' spare wheel at no extra cost, (though the tyre repair kit would not be supplied as well, of course - it's either one or the other).

Sarc (Paul)

#28 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:03 AM

The mk4 is starting to get abit rattly and I dont think it will last to much longer :(

So stopped of at the local ford dealers to see about this scrappage scheme. They have a base model fiesta (studio/style?) in blazing blue that they would let me have for a little under 8k. Going to throw in pureguard and 20 of petrol to boot...

Good deal?

So what have you decided to do then after all of us offering our own personal advice on what you should do?

#29 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

Be going down to the dealers around lunch time, Ive got a few questions for them now thanks to all the replies.

I'm just not sure about the commitment of a 3-4 year finance deal. If its the style and I can get the 1.4 engine I think I will just go for it.

#30 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:40 AM

Be going down to the dealers around lunch time, Ive got a few questions for them now thanks to all the replies.

I'm just not sure about the commitment of a 3-4 year finance deal. If its the style and I can get the 1.4 engine I think I will just go for it.

I've committed myself to 5 years of finance to pay this one off - but I am sure I will be happy with it for that long.

One thing to consider with the finance too is the balloon payment option.

Currently Ford are doing a good deal on 2 years finance and then you can buy out the remainder with an ordinary loan from whoever can give you the best deal.

I am doing that and it is going to save me over 1.5K over doing the 3 year deal and buying out the smaller amount with a loan.

You never know, if you have a per month figure in your mind, it might make the difference between the 1.25 and 1.4 litre engine or the Style and Style+ (or maybe even a Zetec?)

Let us all know how you get on

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users