Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

I'm only out if my pit so after a cuppa tea I'll go out and take some pics :)

• Like 1

Ok, a few quick ones before I actually clean it up cause it's covered in polish residue.

Damage before:

1478430332448.thumb.jpg.ebb6b7a1f33221c0

Damage after:

1478430379559.jpg.0d93d0af2b0beb1a88da1f

ZS Skirt fitted:

1478430419570.jpg.64d324623df63160ea56de

1478430446245.jpg.d6508572aa30d1d9940453

Very very happy with how the rear end looks now. Looks finished. The only thing is my mud flaps don't fit anymore. Any idea where I can get ones that do? Also looking at it now, those wheels could do with some spacers to give it the flush look. Maybe 20mm all round?

It never ends does it? Lol

• Like 1

Looks very nice now give it a duplex with 90mm tail pipes angled like the RS :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haha duplex yes. 90mm no. Probably 40mm inward rolled or 40mm with the internal baffle/taper. Got a price from Powerflow for cat-back with resonator and duplex with 40mm tips = €350 - €395

40mm seem quite small. Have you measured the stock one ? It may well be that you are going smaller. Mine is just a tad larger than what I had. Still discreet but makes you look a bit at it :).

4eb747883a9fdbd4a496f866594be75f.jpg

• Like 1

Ok so after cleaning the car down and have a good inspection it turns out there are a few issues with the finish. There are a few slight scores on the paintwork in not very visible places. I could maybe live with them. But my concern is that there are 3x 20p sized blemishes on the passenger side of the bumper that looks like the lacquer has been disturbed or not taken properly as it's flaking slightly. I'll have to take it back and show the guy tomorrow lunchtime and see what he says.

Looks very nice! Now some decent duplex and it will be done! :) ... btw, I would totally recomend the spacers, I just put them on my mk2 and it's 100% better look than ever before! Forget all the bodykits, bumpers, spoilers, etc., spacers are the thing that give the car the good look! Personally, I put on 20+20mm on front and 25+25mm on the back - with 6,5" wide wheels. But you know how deep inside are the wheels on the mk2, maybe on the mk3 they are a bit more out + you have wider wheels than I do. So maybe 15+15 front and 20+20 back? Or 20+20 all round as you said...if the weather gets better, I can make some snaps of how the car looks with the spacers on...

• Like 1

Looks very nice! Now some decent duplex and it will be done! :) ... btw, I would totally recomend the spacers, I just put them on my mk2 and it's 100% better look than ever before! Forget all the bodykits, bumpers, spoilers, etc., spacers are the thing that give the car the good look! Personally, I put on 20+20mm on front and 25+25mm on the back - with 6,5" wide wheels. But you know how deep inside are the wheels on the mk2, maybe on the mk3 they are a bit more out + you have wider wheels than I do. So maybe 15+15 front and 20+20 back? Or 20+20 all round as you said...if the weather gets better, I can make some snaps of how the car looks with the spacers on...

Yea would love to see yours with the spacers. I've done some research and the most you can get away with on a mk3 that's been lowered is 25mm. Even at that there is a chance to rub on the arches so I think 20mm all round would be enough. Definitely spacers and duplex next :)

• Like 1

Do not cheapen out on spacers as you might end up with a surprise.

Hubcentric spacers vary in quality and material used. You would not want to have an issue whilst driving.

Do not cheapen out on spacers as you might end up with a surprise.

Hubcentric spacers vary in quality and material used. You would not want to have an issue whilst driving.

Yea been looking at Eibach or h&r. Have eibachs in my eBay list at the minute.

I was going to suggest two of those and I believe you need to change the screws as well for 20 mm all around.

Keep me posted as I am looking into some of these spacers as well.

I was going to suggest two of those and I believe you need to change the screws as well for 20 mm all around.

Keep me posted as I am looking into some of these spacers as well.

As far as I could tell both the H&R and the Eibach come with the correct bolts/fixings needed.

loving the rear skirt as said a nice duplex zorst and it will good good as for flaps have a look at the rally flapz web site as im sure they do them for your mk3

• Like 1

loving the rear skirt as said a nice duplex zorst and it will good good as for flaps have a look at the rally flapz web site as im sure they do them for your mk3

Defs duplex next year. Jan/Feb. I can't decide whether I like the rallyflapz. As Sometimes I think they stick out too far. Although I like the idea of black ones with blue text.

One more thing to the spacers...will post some pics when the weather gets better, hopefully tomorrow, but that's not what I had in mind.

I was also deciding between Eibachs and H&Rs, and I went for the H&R, although they were more expensive in the end. I'm talking +20-30€ all together. But, the reason I went for the more expensive ones is that the bolts on the Eibachs are longer than on the H&Rs. This normally shouldn't be a problem, but, I have Ford's original secure lugs/nuts installed and the *could* have a problem with the length of the bolts.

This is however something that I read on the forums and was dated 2-3 years ago, so who knows if it's still true or not, but for the prize at ~180€ I sure as hell wasn't going to test it out. 

So, I don't know if this could represent an issue for you or not, but it can be one more thing to worry about. 

Currently, I've done around 300kms with them and I will hopefully get them checked and retighten if needed tomorrow, as I have 800km drive ahead of me and I don't want to end up chasing my wheel somewhere on the highway, lol :D But so far, I have to say, it's one of the best mods I could have done on the car. 

Oh and btw, this is a website that I ordered the H&Rs from: http://www.duw-tuner.de/ - it's only in German, but that can be taken care using google translate, but since they are a german website and H&Rs are german too, they have really great prize for them - cheapest that I found (incl. shipping). 

• Like 2

One more thing to the spacers...will post some pics when the weather gets better, hopefully tomorrow, but that's not what I had in mind.

I was also deciding between Eibachs and H&Rs, and I went for the H&R, although they were more expensive in the end. I'm talking +20-30€ all together. But, the reason I went for the more expensive ones is that the bolts on the Eibachs are longer than on the H&Rs. This normally shouldn't be a problem, but, I have Ford's original secure lugs/nuts installed and the *could* have a problem with the length of the bolts.

This is however something that I read on the forums and was dated 2-3 years ago, so who knows if it's still true or not, but for the prize at ~180€ I sure as hell wasn't going to test it out. 

So, I don't know if this could represent an issue for you or not, but it can be one more thing to worry about. 

Currently, I've done around 300kms with them and I will hopefully get them checked and retighten if needed tomorrow, as I have 800km drive ahead of me and I don't want to end up chasing my wheel somewhere on the highway, lol :D But so far, I have to say, it's one of the best mods I could have done on the car. 

Oh and btw, this is a website that I ordered the H&Rs from: http://www.duw-tuner.de/ - it's only in German, but that can be taken care using google translate, but since they are a german website and H&Rs are german too, they have really great prize for them - cheapest that I found (incl. shipping). 

I wonder if I have ford original secure lugs/nuts on mine. I assume they're the standard nuts? I'll take a pic of mine to compare. I haven't changed mine and I assume they are the ones that came with the car in the first place. Thanks a lot for the link. Maybe matching H&R spacers to my same brand springs would be better/cooler lol

• Like 1

Had a quick attempt and navigating that site on the tablet here. God some of the translations are hilarious lol

• Like 1

Hahaha, yeah, sometimes the translations get pretty funny :D 

These are the ones you need: 

http://www.duw-tuner.de/autozubehoer/fahrwerk/spurverbreiterungen/Spurverbreiterungen-H-R-Spurverbreiterung-TRAK--4035633-DRM-40mm-5-108-63-3-FORD-C-MAX--FOCUS-C-MAX-Ford-Focus-C-MAX-Typ-DM2-47189-4035633.html

It's the same as mine...it's probably easier just to lookup the part no. somewhere else and then only put that in the search box...

http://www.hrsprings.com/application/appsbymake/results/11/TRAK

Are these spacers truly needed ? Would you risk something like this ? I would not because I drive quite fast with my car on a pretty much daily basis.

This would be a topic for a much bigger discussion I guess, but I was deciding whether to use them or not and I decided to give them a try. I think, if they are properly fitted, made of quality materials, not a cheap clone, not over/under-tightened and, of course, not extremely wide (4-5cm per wheel), it's safe to say they should be ok on a daily driver. 

Personally, I consulted the installation on my mk2 with a friend who has the same car (though only 3-door) and the same combination of wheels/spacers. He was doing much longer daily drives as I'm doing and he didn't have any issues with them. Now he only exchanged them because he put on wider wheels, so he needed smaller spacers. 

I make very short daily routes and only every once in a while I go on some trip, so I guess I don't have to worry about any excessive use/damage to the wheel hubs, etc...it depends on the use of the car. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club