Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

!removed! Profanity Filter!

WES180

Yeah I guess that's a valid point, there's always a childish one that ruins things for everyone.

• Like 1

I have noticed that calling someone g.ay as an insult has fallen out of favour with the kids these days (I'm cool, I can still get down wid it ayyt...or not...)

IF it does get used there's often a flurry of "What? Really? Are you?" and then disappointment when the recipient says no...

Quite amusing actually.

Best response I ever heard was "What? You didn't know? Do yo live under a rock? Just LOOK at me!! Duh!" (it wasn't me before anyone quips in - but I did laugh and hi-5 the guy)

• Like 1

Thank you for changing my thread title back. Not sure why it was changed in the first place though. Its only a bit of fun.:)

I personally don't think either words should be blocked as they're simply a sexuality. But when people use them in a childish offensive manor, that's when in my opinion they become unacceptable. So it's a difficult one to call.. as there's always one idiot who spoils it for the rest

Well, strictly speaking the word in question can mean to be homosexual (is that word still considered PC?) but used to and can still mean to be happy.

Personally I am not g a y in either sense of the word, but I see no reason for it to be banned - that seems ridiculous to me.

• Like 1

Well, strictly speaking the word in question can mean to be homosexual (is that word still considered PC?) but used to and can still mean to be happy.

Personally I am not g a y in either sense of the word, but I see no reason for it to be banned - that seems ridiculous to me.

Straight and miserable then? :lol:

• Like 1

We go with the platform of blocking any words that may cause offense. Sadly, the word Vauxhall is a word that most of us can use to substitute any swear word (It really works) and thankfully it doesnt cause a lot of offence, personally for me I think its an awful word. I would rather someone called me everything on the swear filter than Vauxhall (that may result in their death).

We are always happy to discuss in our moderator forum if words should be added or removed, but ultimately it is a vote between moderators and management as to whether the words can be used in an offensive way and what impact it could have to the general public.

We dont want the awesomeness of the FOC to be shown in a bad light because we let a word through that could be offensive, and to be fair, most of you wont really suffer for not being able to say the odd word that is blocked.

Now, if like me you happen to have "swearing turrets" (I just cant help myself) - I find its good to have the filter there to protect me if I do slip up, though I must admit, on some of my more passionate posts, I spend about half an hour writing it, as I then force myself to look for suitable alternative words :p

• Like 2

Just for clarity i never actually typed a single swear word. I typed ! R e m o v e d ! and then copied and pasted. I know the forums have the filters for good reasons but i just couldnt resist a bit of a wind up.:)

• Like 2

Now I'm disappointed cause I thought you knew that many swear words!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Now I'm disappointed cause I thought you knew that many swear words

Ha ha, Chubby Brown himself would struggle to list that many!:lol:

• Like 2

Quick test...thought I'd try some REALLY rude words:

Work

Exercise

Vauxhaul

Soap Opera

Effort

Morale

Enthusiasm

• Like 2

Quick test...thought I'd try some REALLY rude words:

Work

Exercise

Vauxhaul

Soap Opera

Effort

Morale

Enthusiasm

That gives me an idea,

I don't hear these words at work, so I wonder if they are banned on here too.

Thanks

Bonus

Pay Rise

• Like 5

BMW should be banned, as the name is associated with "ar****le"

This could be offensive surely if you said, ie "Tom you BMW" :P

Clive you Audi. :rolleyes::lol:

You want to be careful bud - Clive will drag your BMW into the cells lol

• Like 1

I'm actually impressed by the OP's vocabulary if each of those removeds is a different word...

• Like 1

I'm actually impressed by the OP's vocabulary if each of those removeds is a different word...

Sadly not! It is simply the actual word "Removed" typed and then copied and pasted. I know, what a let down!:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Clive you Audi. :rolleyes: [emoji38]

Or Audi.

Where do I get the tickets to see Clive's work dog tear Chris apart anyone selling any for the front row and what's the odds that the bookies are giving ;)

And jeebs didn't want to quote your essay up there but I'm constantly the same see some of us Irish have a problem where swear words become a part of our vocabulary so I start a sentence and say something like "I seen that last night" response would be similar with a swear word in the answer too the f word is the most common though we walk up to the Gardai and say "any craic" pronounced like crack.

• Like 2

I suppose the swear filter is there for good reason. As already said, The club is open to all ages.

But everywhere you go is all (don't want to offend anyone) But in reality. If you are reading something, watching something and it offends you, Just stop reading or watching it. Years ago you got to say what you wanted, nowadays your not allowed to say anything.

Just in case it offends thy neighbour.

This is not a dig against the moderators or anything because of the swear filter.

Thing that pee`s me off with all the sentences which have the removed part to it is trying to figure out what was said. was someone calling them a Honda or a Mazda, Then I think surely they weren't calling them a Vauxhall.

Long gone are the days when you could say what you wanted. Half the kids out there today could learn us all swear words.

Years ago you could say things like British Leyland, Rover, Yugo, etc, Ok then maybe they are best left in the past.

• Like 2

Some fecking clever barsteward once said that the definition of fecking swearing is not being able to fecking communicate properly - think he was Irish :)

• Like 3

...what you say is true about every kid knowing how to swear... But I don't think it's good or right.

I swear and I wish I didn't, I try and tone it down in front of my partner, but it's hard.... And heaven forbid I swear in front of my mum, me being 6'5" tall means nothing to my mum!

• Like 3

Its just not right swearing in front of parents. Im 37, 6ft 5 and 19 stone and still would expect a slap around the head but out of respect i just dont do it. Obviously we were brought up right and were tought respect!:)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club