Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Warranty ... When Is Runs Out (the Day I'm Dreading!)

L22EEW

The older I get the more time I spend using the nhs, what a joy.

• Like 1

Insurance gets cheaper as you get older... Guess that's another plus... :lol:

On the subject of cooling turbo's though, I've owned many turbo cars, all diesels so far (waiting for EcoBoosts to drop into my budget :P ) and have killed a few turbos in my time haha. None of which were failed bearings though, which is (mostly) the point of running the engine on! Turbo bearings are lubricated by oil, switching off immediately stops the oil flow and the turbo shaft then spins down on unlubricated bearings...metal on metal contact...obvious cause of wear.

But in reality, no-one redlines it onto their driveway do they!? The majority of us will have a few minutes of 30mph before the driveway anyway, but even without that, still a slow reverse at ~1200rpm, turbo is barely spinning any more than it would at idle. Idling stationary won't help dissipate heat either, in fact bay temps will just rise unless the engine fan has come on.

It is a good idea if you've been thrashing it and then come to a sudden stop, or are so old you're slipping the clutch and reversing onto the driveway at 6k rpm lol, but in normal circumstances I don't personally see a need for it. Each to their own of course though. :)

As for the warranty, my opinion would be, see how much it'll cost and stick that in a savings account each month, you keep the money, get interest on it, and should anything fail there's no 'quibble' about whether it's covered or wear and tear or anything.

• Like 3

£550 + fitting, (fitting shouldnt be much though as its easy to do)

That's not so bad as a was thinking 2bh :)

There is a guy in my street with a 1.0 ecoboost first batch that even came out 62 plate a think

Was talking to him the other week and says how he loves the car and he works around UK and Europe (inspector of something) Also has it remaped with bluefim and has a air intake of some kind too

Well anyway he was talking about mileage to me n went on to say he was on his 102,000 miles ....... A was like wow

He did say he wasn't worries he recons 150,000 miles before anything major and his last car was a diesel mondeo (said he was sick of tight spaces haha)

im dreading doing a cam belt on these at 100k as the only easy way is really to drop the engine

• Like 1

Ford said the belt will last the life of the engine :s

As it's in a bath of oil

Guy in street didn't mention doing anything to his engine at all he said just the usual services

I'd never risk any cam belt lasting as long as it '' should '' last & would change earlier than recommended as it's generally bye bye engine when they snap :(

im dreading doing a cam belt on these at 100k as the only easy way is really to drop the engine

Thought the interval was 150k?

Ford said the belt will last the life of the engine :s

As it's in a bath of oil

Guy in street didn't mention doing anything to his engine at all he said just the usual services

They do say lifetime of engine, but thats just marketing, 150k is classed as life of engine , not that thats expected , should be more

Doesnt look to difficult to do, biggest issue ive been told is undoing the crank bolt and retightening, uses a special torque multiplier.

Doesnt look to difficult to do, biggest issue ive been told is undoing the crank bolt and retightening, uses a special torque multiplier.

You dont need the multiplier,you can do it by degrees according to Haynes.Had a Suzuki S J years ago and that was so simple to change,Progress ?

You dont need the multiplier,you can do it by degrees according to Haynes.Had a Suzuki S J years ago and that was so simple to change,Progress ?

believe me you do need a torque multiplier, 60nm, the 90degrees 5 times, thats ffing tight, thats scafold bar territory even with torque multiplier.

7 hrs to do job.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club