Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hit And Run By A Fellow Focus Driver, Poor Show.

simcor

Had a slight incident today with a Focus that decided to pull out in front of me. I anchored up and stopped without hitting him and he still managed to hit the corner of my bumper leaving a nice scrape on it. Then promptly drove off as if nothing had happened.

I did turn round to follow the car but the lights had changed and he was through them so I could not follow him.

Not a happy bunny, spoken to the company he works for or was visiting and they are assisting to try and find out who it was, I can't quite work out the full numberplate due to the angle of his car and dirt on the plate and sun glare all making it that bit difficult to read. I am fairly certain of the full reg and it comes back as a 14 plate Black focus which it was.

Police have been informed which he could have avoided if he had actually stopped to check for any damage, I felt my car rock as he clipped the bumper so he must have felt it too, in fact you can just see the car rock as he clips it.

IMAG0158.jpg

what a complete barsteward, I hope they get him and nail him to the wall, for him to get as far as he did in such a short time id say he knew for well he was at fault and booted it. even In a near miss folk would be taking a momment to gather themselves and clean their underwear before moving on.

he has 24 hours to report it tho, after that his up to his neck

• Like 3

Grim

Not easy for you to anticipate either, as he / she came out of the shadow of the adjacent building.

Quite possibly the old bad habit of just looking right & left BUT not looking right again before proceeding I'd suggest

Or not looking at all.

No evidence that the right indicator was in use either

Very good dashcam video considering the glare

see on the RAW footage, you might have a clear picture of his / her face, theres definitely something on the youtube vid as the drivers side window is about to leave the frame

I can't believe they carried on, its like you weren't even there....!

I hope you are successful in finding the culprit. Careless driving at the very least.......arrogant, or uninsured (or both !!).

I'd visit the premises where the focus came out of to see if it is there again and get the cars reg and go back to the cops.

• Like 3

I agree with all the comments, it was hard to see him there due to the glare of sun and him being in the shadow of the building for a second.

I have spoken to the company and they are investigating it for me also, I will be keeping an eye for that car as well as he probably works there although I suspect it may be a company car possibly.

I was furious that he did not even stop to check if there was any damage,probably a good job I didn't catch up with him, deffo a him face is not really clear enough to make him out properly though.

I think he is just a bad driver as he must have felt it too, you can see his car bounce round mine as he clips he, he wasn't even going that fast as going through the lights on amber he just toddles off not even at great speed, once I had go through the lights he could have gone in 3 directions so I had no idea which way he would have gone hence why I gave up.

I am pretty sure of the last 3 letters of the reg even though it is hard to make it out on the video and it comes back as a Focus 14 plate black and is insured. It was registered in Leeds so again that is why I think it may be a company car.

The annoying part is had I not seen him for a second more it would have been much worse damage.

Had he stopped I would have given him the option to pay for the damage to my car, a smart repair would have been fine as the car is not perfect condition wise. However I can't see him doing that now due to the police being involved so will end up going down the insurance route when I confirm his details.

I am going to try and play with the exposure settings to see if I can make it better during the day, just a pain as it means changing it between daylight and nigh time.

In fact I love the car park receipt flying across the dashboard made me chuckle lol

• Like 2

As he turned right at the lights I could even see where the dirt had been rubbed off his car where he caught mine.

In fact I love the car park receipt flying across the dashboard made me chuckle lol

Haha, I was just about to comment on that! :lol: Doesn't that annoy you when you're driving lol?

That is a bit of a bugger about the incident though. :( In fairness, he may not have noticed the bump as I've done the opposite myself a few times, thought I'd caught another car trying to squeeze past but was just a bump in the road or even a catseye that gives the same feeling. Doesn't excuse his terrible cut in front though! There must be some damage to his car as well so he 'may' realise what happened...

Haha, I was just about to comment on that! :lol: Doesn't that annoy you when you're driving lol?

That is a bit of a bugger about the incident though. :( In fairness, he may not have noticed the bump as I've done the opposite myself a few times, thought I'd caught another car trying to squeeze past but was just a bump in the road or even a catseye that gives the same feeling. Doesn't excuse his terrible cut in front though! There must be some damage to his car as well so he 'may' realise what happened...

Can't say I notice it while driving, just thought it funny seeing the reflection on the camera, must chuck it away really.

There was dirt rubbed off his car where he caught me, but anyone with a close shave like that would stop and check to make sure there wasn't any contact or damage just to be sure.

You're forgetting the majority of people are !Removed!...

I see slow near misses around town several times a week and people never stop!

he did not even stop to check if there was any damage,

which strongly suggests he doesnt own the car himself.

and its not as if he can blame sun glare either

the fool deserves a slap

• Like 1

I am thinking its not his car but a company car. Had a call from customer services at Bidvest saying so far they have been unable to find out who's car it was. Their cameras have it but you can't make the registration out on it. It's not signed in the visitors book either. But they have assured me they are doing everything they can to help me and will continue trying to find out who it was.

bet he would have stopped if you had hit is car

of course he would that goes without saying.

You should have T Boned him then claim for everything teach the :censored: a lesson

If that is a company car, I bet his car is a Vauxhall!!

Thank goodness for dash cams, lets hope you manage to track him down.

• Like 2

I am hoping the CCTV at the new garage across from the lights has his number plate readable. I'm going to see the manager tomorrow on my way in to see if they might have it. Even if they won't give it to me if they can confirm they have it I can at least get the police to request it. There still may be hope as I have sent a mugshot of the driver to Bidvest in the hope that someone might recognise the driver even though it's not that clear.

Well unless the CCTV at the garage has something it looks like the plonker is going to get away with it and im left with damage to my car which I will have to pay to fix myself.

I have been told that with only the partial index tracking it will be nigh on impossible.

I just wish I had thought to look at his reg at the time or even looked behind me as he went past, or if I had a rear camera then maybe it would have been readable.

I thought you'd worked out the reg? Should be easy to see if the car with that reg has an equivalent scuff to yours?

• Like 1

that's hardly your fault mate, you cant blame yourself for anything, you prevented what would have been a significant accident, anyone in that situation would be concerned with the multiple skidmarks they just left rather than looking over their shoulder to catch the plate. The lesson to learn is, get a rear camera installed. I brought a Thinkware F750 dual camera and its already paid for itself because of some idiot.

I thought you'd worked out the reg? Should be easy to see if the car with that reg has an equivalent scuff to yours?

Sadly no we think it's NNU from the camera footage but it could be a guess. Even if it is that without any real evidence the police are unlikely to be able to do anything. By now he has probably had it polished out assuming there is no dent. But it could equally be anything else other than NNU.

As for rear camera I have been thinking about putting one in but have not got round to it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club