Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone help me on memory savers?

Ryan2210

Hi all

My 2011 mondeo 2.2 needs a new battery

After researching them I have decided on the Varta f18.

Do I need to use a memory saver while changing the battery

The below link is what I'm looking at

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/car-battery-maintenance/batterytester/?527770190&0&cc5_794&gclid=CNWFlsH04MwCFdIV0wod_d8DGA 

Thanks for your help! 

If you have the radio code then I wouldn't be bothering with it. 

Sorry I should have said I can not find my radio code 

I've just done this and what you lose is:

- Radio (it retains programmed stations but needs 'key code' to turn on; possibly loses any DSP settings and stuff like speed sens volume if set; need to re-set clock)

- Window settings (trivial!)

- Lock mode (if a non-default lock mode is set)

...seen your new reply and you'll need it sometime! (BTW I had thought that I had the radio code in one of the veh manuals in the glove box; changed the battery only to find that wasn't true. Should have checked first!)

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've just done this and what you lose is:

- Radio (it retains programmed stations but needs 'key code' to turn on; possibly loses any DSP settings and stuff like speed sens volume if set; need to re-set clock)

- Window settings (trivial!)

- Lock mode (if a non-default lock mode is set)

...seen your new reply and you'll need it sometime! (BTW I had thought that I had the radio code in one of the veh manuals in the glove box; changed the battery only to find that wasn't true. Should have checked first!)

Did all this happen while you had a memory saver plugged in? 

Have you lost it all for good then or did you have to go back to Ford to get is sorted?  

I bought the car second hand and I don't have the code for sure. Even if there was a code in with my cars papers I wouldn't trust it as the cars log book as a ford galexys details on the first page! 

20 minutes ago, Ryan2210 said:

Did all this happen while you had a memory saver plugged in?

No.

Have you lost it all for good then or did you have to go back to Ford to get is sorted?

For the radio code there were a couple of 'random' numbers in the original car papers and one of them worked. Otherwise it would have been back to Ford.

As to batteries try you local ford dealer mine where the cheapest for a proper silver battery, sometime the dealer is the cheapest on parts, well mine is😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club