Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 focus 1.0 ecoboost fault

Robbo25

We have purchased a 64 plate Focus 1.0 125 Ecoboost  on the 4/11/2016. We only had the car 5 days when a warning came up on the dash. ENGINE MALFUNCTION, service NOW with an amber warning square inside the square is a exclamation sign. Also the engine management light came on whilst driving. We immediately took the car back to where we purchased it, they put it on the diagnostics and said it was a fuel sensor fault. They said it was common in fords and so they did not replace any of the sensors. They said the sensors could have been affected when we  refuelled ??? We only ever use BP fuel in vehicles we have owned in the past. When we start the car from cold we have these faults showing. If we let the engine turn over, turn off the ignition then turn it on again no warning lights appear. I know this sounds long winded but has anyone else experienced this with the new Focus or can somebody shed any light on the situation before we take the car back again. Thanks

sounds like there talking rubbish to me, you have a fault that needs fixing. take it back and get them to find the fault and fix it. only a guess but i think it could be the upstream hego sensor faulty. earlier (2012/2013) ones had a few hego sensors fail.

Yeah seconded regarding the dealer. Take it back as you have at least a 3 month warranty. Threaten them with trading standards if they fob you off again.

it will be under the manufacturers 3 yr warranty as long as under 60kmiles. so the garage you bought it off should take it to the local ford dealer for you( assuming the garage you bought it off isnt ford ) 

HI,, as mentioned the car is still under warrenty so take it to a ford dealership and ask them to sort it out, then ring the manager of the dealer where you bought the car and tell them you have passed on your concerns to trading standards, and your cousin who happens to be your family solicitor, that will give em a lot to think about as they usually bank on people not having the £££ to get a solicitor in, let them stew for a while. :smile:
there not the only ones who are allowed to BS.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club