Do Not Sell My Personal Information

best double-sided stickies for numberplate fixing?

FMC

What's the best double-sided stickies for numberplate fixing? And where can i get some tomorrow? Putting the private plate on the Fiesta and i got a set of new numberplates which i don't want to drill so i can have a "clean look" (lol)

Or is it just a case of use loads of any kind of stickies?

:unsure:

The ones that Demonplates sell in their fitting kit are fantastic - however you won't get them by tomorrow. Day after perhaps - they're quick.

the ones they sell in Halfords were just as good for me, i think they were around £6 and i just got them from the number plate making till.

The ones that Demonplates sell in their fitting kit are fantastic - however you won't get them by tomorrow. Day after perhaps - they're quick.

Thanks Dan

But i really need them tomorrow - any ideas if any hardware stores like B&Q or a plumbers store will have the same ones as Demonplates?

EDIT

Don;'t know why i said 'plumbers store', but maybe plumbers have a need for super strength double sided stickies? :lol:

the ones they sell in halfords were just as good for me, i think they were around £6 and i just got them from the number plate making till.

Cheers Mr P

But for some reason i'm afraid to use Halfrauds ones -0 i have a vision of my new plates falling off, or having to spend about £36 on 6 sets to get a decent level of adhesion? lol

they're not Halfords brand!!! i can't remember what brand but mine have been on for three months now without any trouble!

Thanks again for the reply!

I'll try a Halfords then - it helps i got a mate working in one of them who gives me staff discount on anything i want lol

:D

No probs, you're part of the private plate brigade, we protect eachother!!! or something like that...

Well so far i've been recommended Halfords (by Mr P, stef123 & my mate from Halfords), ones from Sparesworld, and now Andrew throws in a curve ball with the no more nails suggestion! :o

Decisions, decisions.... :lol:

Assuming they all do the same job, it might come down to price lol

Be careful about sticking number plates on. It only takes a few seconds for somebody to nick your plates, then that could lead you into all sorts of problems. My plates have been "stuck" on, but are 100% anti theft plates which snap up when somebody trys to remove them. No screw holes and no risk of losing your plates.

One more question - am i likely to have trouble cleaning behind the edges once it's stuck on? Will the plate have enough 'give' in it without pulling it off? :unsure:

Be careful about sticking number plates on. It only takes a few seconds for somebody to nick your plates, then that could lead you into all sorts of problems. My plates have been "stuck" on, but are 100% anti theft plates which snap up when somebody trys to remove them. No screw holes and no risk of losing your plates.

thats a good point but if someone really wants to clone your plate for whatever reason, they will probably use eBay and get both of them for a tenner delivered.

thats a good point but if someone really wants to clone your plate for whatever reason, they will probably use ebay and get both of them for a tenner delivered.

People theses days nick plates to steel petrol etc without getting noticed, they dont clone plates now. They just nick em' for 1 job and thats it

the ones we supply with plates are made by sandhurst autoprint and are a good strong sticker, but all stickers can be pulled of with some force. personally i have fixed my plates with colour coded security screws so they can not be easily removed.

I asked my mate who works at Halfords about the strength and he reckons he can hang off them and they hardly budge so i'll get some from there tomorrow (although in my haste to get the plate put onto the Fiesta i've overlooked the fact that i need to wait for the sodding log book to come back before i can do that, so it's not going to be done tomorrow (officially, anyway! :P)

As for number plate cloning/thefts, if someone wanted to nick a set that badly, they could always just use a screwdriver lol And our car is garaged overnight and is parked in a relatively secure secluded car park in the day, so i won't lose any sleep at the though of someone testing the strength of my new stickies, but thanks for the word of caution :)

I asked my mate who works at Halfords about the strength and he reckons he can hang off them and they hardly

How big is he? If he's a midget it's not a good test!

How big is he? If he's a midget it's not a good test!

I wouldn't class Brad as a midget exactly lol

Here's what he said, exactly, to the question i asked about there being enough 'give' in the plates to clean around the sides:

i have been hanging off them before now mate when a customer has wanted new plates fitted and i gotta get the old ones off!

So they should be strong enough lol

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club