Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Cold Weather Vs. MK7 Fiesta

LeeZetecS

-34! That's crazy, why isn't your ice warning light red?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• LeeZetecS

• AndrewL

• FMC

Problem we have in the UK Jethores, is that it is illegal to use snow chains or studded winter tyres on the public highway! I wish this stupid, backwards UK government would wake up and get its priorities right!

Instead of fannying around worrying about grit (or lack of it) they could be advising people on how to use snow chains, even if we'd have to remove them when we eventually found a road without snow on!

:angry:

it is not ilegal to use them in this country.and for our cars micheline alpine are recomended.

it is not ilegal to use them in this country.and for our cars micheline alpine are recomended.

They are not illegal, you are correct, but you can't use them on roads that don't have snow on them, so for instance, if i wanted to go to my mams, about 2 miles away in the car, I would have to put the snow chains on as my rd is still compacted snow, take them off at the end of my road where there is now visible tarmac, put them on when i get to my mam's rd as there is compacted snow again and repeat coming back.

Just not worth the hassle or cost, just like winter tyres.

If you can't drive slowly in this weather or not at all, just leave the car where it is.

If you can't drive slowly in this weather or not at all, just leave the car where it is.

Unfortunately some UK company's don't see it the same way. Get to work or else, the rather large company I work for states if you get in even if the place is shut you get paid, if you make no attempt to get in you get no pay even if the place is shut that day or you have to take a holiday. Hence why some people try as much as they can to get to work and can't simply leave the car at home.

UK business as per usual don't seem to care less..

I just passed a gritting lorry and the snow is actually melting!! Go figure I guess?

Unfortunately some UK company's don't see it the same way. Get to work or else, the rather large company I work for states if you get in even if the place is shut you get paid, if you make no attempt to get in you get no pay even if the place is shut that day or you have to take a holiday. Hence why some people try as much as they can to get to work and can't simply leave the car at home.

I just passed a gritting lorry and the snow is actually melting!! Go figure I guess?

same here if i phoned up work and said i cant get in i'd probly get an angry manager and a nice docking of my pay :angry:

Same here! If I don't get to work I don't get paid. My nursery has stayed open every single day it's snowed. We shut early a couple of days at the end of last week thanks to my kind Boss. Some of the parents were less than happy though! Expecting us girls to drive home at 6pm in the snow and ice...

same here if i phoned up work and said i cant get in i'd probly get an angry manager and a nice docking of my pay :angry:
Same here! If I don't get to work I don't get paid. My nursery has stayed open every single day it's snowed. We shut early a couple of days at the end of last week thanks to my kind Boss. Some of the parents were less than happy though! Expecting us girls to drive home at 6pm in the snow and ice...

Well drive slowly, as I advised. Set off earlier and give yourself plenty of time, simples.

Well drive slowly, as I advised. Set off earlier and give yourself plenty of time, simples.

Yes and take a shovel as well.

I must admit I've been very lucky, I've had 2 weeks off and only went back on Saturday and today, and bar my little estate road and the works car park, plain sailing thank goodness. I'm just hoping it won't be a case of you lot loose all the snow and then I get it :unsure: :o :(

In fact the little fezza drove home like a beauty and the temp guage actually read plus figures for once, well 1 degree anyway :lol:

Hmm having seen the pic posted by Kasper-N, i've not seen the snowflake symbol come up on my dash so far in this cold weather....maybe us lowly style owners aren't blessed with that lol

I've just had to abandon the car trying to get out of the village and walk home - in a dip, can't get up either side. Not alone either - there's a Vauxhall Frontera stuck very near me.

However - as I at least made an effort, I get paid.

I've just had to abandon the car trying to get out of the village and walk home - in a dip, can't get up either side. Not alone either - there's a Vauxhall Frontera stuck very near me.

However - as I at least made an effort, I get paid.

Picture??

Oh, and don't loose it, it might camouflage itself in the snow and then you'll be sad, and carless.

Picture??

Oh, and don't loose it, it might camouflage itself in the snow and then you'll be sad, and carless.

:lol: I think I remember where I've left it.

Poor thing - filthy dirty and abandoned :(

IMG_0075.jpg

awwww. roads that bad??

we had some snow last night but it's been drizzling also so its just crunchy snow

awwww. roads that bad??

we had some snow last night but it's been drizzling also so its just crunchy snow

The bit of road in that pic has melted because it runs over a bridge. Either side of the bridge is a big hill - may as well be a bobsled run. I was doing run ups on the clear bit, never got enough momentum to get up the hill though - !Removed! traction control. :angry:

Im so proud of my little car, no technology in it whatsoever and it manages just fine :)

however if i had a car like yours i would not be driving much! i just have the knowledge that i'm driving something worth about £500 and that it's easily replaceable, however your car is a little different...!

When recovering - I think I'm going to pull the ABS and ESP fuses if I can't get it out easily.

When recovering - I think I'm going to pull the ABS and ESP fuses if I can't get it out easily.

Oooooo daring. i would hate to know that my car is stuck somewhere completely out of my sight or control!

I'm going to venture to Waitrose today, we have ran out of food. Luckily there isn't alot of snow here so its all gravy

I feel sorry for your Fiesta stuck there poor thing :(

Must be so annoying having to leave it there abandoned! I think I'd get back through the front door and then run back to it crying and screaming "I'm sorry!" :blink: On a positive note I think my car's cleaner than yours for the first time ever! ;)

:lol: I think I remember where I've left it.

Poor thing - filthy dirty and abandoned :(

Well at least you haven't got a flock of Starlings that bomb it with poo nightly!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And I feel for ya, would a shovel help at all? They do seem to be the tool to have in this weather. I guess you tried with the ESP switched off?

I would predict the big melt next week so at least it should get better then.

After a week and a day being stuck in the snow I may get the car out tomorrow as the gritter lorry has just been round! Tried on Friday to move it, took around 90 mins to move it out the space and back in!

im really wondering why the roads in the uk are so terrible...

cause here in austria we have no such problems at all, so everytime i see construction workers on the street ill thank them ;) (every driver here complains about the many constructionsites on the streets)

the only thing that worries me, is the salt and dirt on the streets that harrass my baby... :(

im really wondering why the roads in the uk are so terrible...

cause here in austria we have no such problems at all, so everytime i see construction workers on the street ill thank them ;) (every driver here complains about the many constructionsites on the streets)

the only thing that worries me, is the salt and dirt on the streets that harrass my baby... :(

We just don't seem equipped to handle snow, country grinds to a halt every time!

We just don't seem equipped to handle snow, country grinds to a halt every time!

To be fair we've had some pretty persistent snow and i think the country has coped well. so far. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club