• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Machine212

Machine212

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

someone last night has smashed into the back of my focus and drove away. Came out to go to work and was greeted by my bumper being smashed, boots got one big line of dint right across it and the wings got damage too. phoned police, and gotta go station with my details. So annoyed but i know theres pretty much nothing i can do. Sigh..

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DeeBe

DeeBe

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Ford Model: Peugeot 308 Sport/Peugeot 207 Sport

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

Ba****ds. It's so frustrating when this happens. Could you not keep an eye out for any cars with damage in the vacinity? Or cars you always see but seem to have disappeared? Long shot I know, but it might pay off.

Best of luck with it.

#3 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: BigJock
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium, Nissan Juke Tekna
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

never mind at least you still hav your "john thomas" intact

#4 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

someone last night has smashed into the back of my focus and drove away. Came out to go to work and was greeted by my bumper being smashed, boots got one big line of dint right across it and the wings got damage too. phoned police, and gotta go station with my details. So annoyed but i know theres pretty much nothing i can do. Sigh..

That's folks today for you, no sense of doing the right thing...the pratts

#5 Machine212

Machine212

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

been to the station and police basicly said hard luck. Gonna get my self to the scrap yard and see how much i can get a tailgate for. Should be able to pull and fill the back quarter and get a new bumper. Im betting its some scumbag with no insurance. Gonna have to be a DIY job, will cost a fortune done in the shop and not worth loosing the no claims over it.

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

been to the station and police basicly said hard luck. Gonna get my self to the scrap yard and see how much i can get a tailgate for. Should be able to pull and fill the back quarter and get a new bumper. Im betting its some scumbag with no insurance. Gonna have to be a DIY job, will cost a fortune done in the shop and not worth loosing the no claims over it.

make sure theres no hidden damage underneath first ive seen many a person repair damage like this then when the mots done they find out the damage was more severe by that time you cant claim and ure in the poo so please make sure that what you see is all there is mate

#7 Machine212

Machine212

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

make sure theres no hidden damage underneath first ive seen many a person repair damage like this then when the mots done they find out the damage was more severe by that time you cant claim and ure in the poo so please make sure that what you see is all there is mate

ok thanks for the heads up. Think ill take it to a garage for them to look at to see the extent of it then decide what to do. cheers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users