Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 update

NeilRS

Wouldn`t it make life much easier if it would update over our home WIFI connection.  Has that issue ever been fixed in update?  I have not tried WIFI update  again since the system update. I should check and hopefully does work now. ??

The service guy told me SYNC 3 will never be able to update on WIFI, in fact he got fed up with customers coming in complaining it never worked. He added that SYNC 3 only works on WIFI in the US, SYNC 3.2 addresses the WIFI problem in the UK but that is a completely new unit. To be honest the USB approach isn't a real problem as long as it works, getting WIFI connection near the car isn't always easy. I believe 3.2 also has a WIFI hotspot which might help. It annoys me that Ford make good cars but are let down with tech that doesn't always work properly, although a friend of mine tells me Jaguar Land-rover aren't much better and they and Ford want us to sit in autonomous cars - worrying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 10:57 PM, tornado51 said:

Jaguar Land-rover aren't much better

Probably because JLR still mostly use Ford specs and standards from the days when Ford owned them!

Has anyone managed to get the v3.0 update from their dealer (through IDS) because the update site says 'they are already on the latest' and one isn't available for download?? 

I suspect the Wifi issues are because Ford UK chose to handle the servicing/updates differently or didn't have the customer support infastructure to handle the issues that may arise. The Wifi updates work fine for the US/Canadian models from what I gather on other Forums and Facebook groups.

I don't think Ford UK have done a good job at all getting this car launched in the UK and it is really infuriating trying to get info out of them. The dealers still have problems getting technical info and to have features listed as part of the sales spec, only to find half don't work, haven't been implemented or have been disable in the UK and you just don't seem to get ANY updates for the maps is ........ I'm lost for words!

Still love the car, but hate the fact my £300 phone gets numerous updates daily and my £40K car has software that is 2 years old, has 4 years old maps, and an update is available but I'm told it isn't!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... Rant over !

• 1 month later...

Just called in my local 'family owned' dealer, because the Ford Sync Update site said my Sync3 v2.0 was the latest and already up-to date, just spoke to my regular sales guy who pulled a USB stick from his draw and went out and updated my EDGE 2016 Sync3 v2.0 to v3.0. Took about 20 minutes (and a coffee) and did not involve anyone from their service dept to do it. Cost = £0.

The update is a generic Sync3 update which they use on any Sync3 Ford vehicle that needs updating to the latest (so it's official that the update is not VIN dependant).

So far, no issues and all looks good. For reference, software version is now 3.0,  build is 18025_PRODUCT. Gracenote is 1.1.1.1127 (EU-0010). The update does not update the maps (I'm still on EU 4 14).

I'm yet to download Waze and give it a blast!

(Sorry this is a duplicate post to another thread, but I thought it was a valid response to this one too!)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club