Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help, MK7 1.25 ticking noise :(

Velse

Hello all.

First of all, my apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I am pretty concerned about this. We have a ticking noise and I am afraid it might be related to the big end or surroundings. It begun a week ago more or less, and it has only got louder by now. I´ve seen many posts around but mostly 10 years old.

Here is a video where I recorded the noise, but first, some technical info on it:

The ticking happens from around 1500/1800 rpm. Mostly above 40km/h (25 miles) Faster tempo as you accelerate, slower tempo as you decelerate, it is mostly muted if you apply the brakes.

It does not happen from cold start, but after a little bit of driving, maybe after 10 minutes of above 1500rpm driving.

After a few minutes of higher speeds and coming back to 1500 rpm the tick is louder, can hear it from outside as an oily kind of ticking, from inside as a dry tick, mostly coming from the right side of the car (as you drive forward). oil level is correct, the car is 8 years old, second hand but never did too many miles, the expected amount for a 1.25l small car really. Will take it to be checked and report back, but it can take a couple of days for that and I would like to hear some inputs from those who might have some experience.

The noise is louder but the phone mics record a lot of noise with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qno2HqB7CI

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club