Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

I am upgrading from sync 1.1 to sync 2. Ok I have a question regarding the mods to the amazon connector loom. In the pdf in the first post, Pin 44-47 has no action against it, therefore do i just leave the pins in place at the Sync 2 end?

Totally confused by the 'other connections' bit at the bottom of the pdf. What do I do with there? might be obvious but my head is melted chaps.

Any clarity from  those that have already done it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

The connector from Sync 1 is the same with Sync 2 only must change pins? 

Not much the way any responses here lads. I'll give until morning other wise I'm out, to much hassle and very little response on here. 

8 hours ago, Slaps15 said:

Not much the way any responses here lads. I'll give until morning other wise I'm out, to much hassle and very little response on here. 

What’s your issue. 

The pdf is fine to follow. You have the harness adapter so can do a lot of the work on that before touching the car. Just use a pin to remove the pins and place them in the correct spot. Then do the other connections as per the pdf 

@Tommo17See my questions in previous posts. Any answers for them ????

I'm out. Good luck. The pdf needs to be refined to make it more clear to use. Otherwise this topic is going round in circles with questions that doesn't need to be asked if the pdf was refined and clearer. 

39 minutes ago, Slaps15 said:

@Tommo17See my questions in previous posts. Any answers for them ????

I'm out. Good luck. The pdf needs to be refined to make it more clear to use. Otherwise this topic is going round in circles with questions that doesn't need to be asked if the pdf was refined and clearer. 

I put my original post up on doing this mod To assist people to do this, its not a 100% fool proof idiots guide to doing it. There is a certain level of common sense and electrical knowledge that is also needed. Plenty of people have done this using the guide including the pdf that I originally made. Feel free to work it out yourself like I did and plenty of other people have done and make your own guide if you like! 

15 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I put my original post up on doing this mod To assist people to do this, its not a 100% fool proof idiots guide to doing it. There is a certain level of common sense and electrical knowledge that is also needed. Plenty of people have done this using the guide including the pdf that I originally made. Feel free to work it out yourself like I did and plenty of other people have done and make your own guide if you like! 

@Luke_Anderson A predictable and pathetic answer.

6 minutes ago, Slaps15 said:

@Luke_Anderson A predictable and pathetic answer.

What would you like me to do? Would you like me to pop over and do it for you? Take my car apart and take a picture of every connection or change that was made? Come and hold your hand and tell you that it’s all going to be okay? If you can’t figure out what to do from the information provided then you most certainly shouldn’t be playing with your own car. 

5 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

What would you like me to do? Would you like me to pop over and do it for you? Take my car apart and take a picture of every connection or change that was made? Come and hold your hand and tell you that it’s all going to be okay? If you can’t figure out what to do from the information provided then you most certainly shouldn’t be playing with your own car. 

You need to calm down and grow up a bit. I have asked questions here for days and no response and when constructive criticism is dished out little Baba can't take it. Wise up cub. I'm done engaging with you as you have absolutely no intention of providing anything remotely constructive in relation to my queries/comments. So enjoy the kudos for your half baked 'guide'. All the best.

38 minutes ago, Slaps15 said:

You need to calm down and grow up a bit. I have asked questions here for days and no response and when constructive criticism is dished out little Baba can't take it. Wise up cub. I'm done engaging with you as you have absolutely no intention of providing anything remotely constructive in relation to my queries/comments. So enjoy the kudos for your half baked 'guide'. All the best.

Cub and baba? And you think I’m the one that needs to grow up 😂 you see petal, the problem with people like you is that you expect things to be done for you, you don’t want to invest the time or effort into working things out for yourself. I have answered hundreds of questions on this topic since doing it and I feel that everything has pretty much been covered to a level where there is enough information to be able to do this without any more of my input. I have a job, I have kids, I have a life. Instead of bitching about people not telling you how to do something why don’t you just go and try it, work through the issues yourself. The information is all there, you just have to look for it. 

• Like 3

There’s no need for that is there?
As you can probably appreciate we all have lives and don’t spend 24/7 on a forum.

If you search the forum for ‘Phil’s build guide’ you should find another user who has done the same swap and took a fair few photos. Cross reference this guide and Phil’s and you should be fine. This is what I did and I didn’t have any issues at all, fairly straight forward.

Let’s stop with the BS and appreciate that Luke went out of his way to post his findings on a forum and to share some knowledge on the matter. It’s not going to be as clear as a ford owners manual but it’s a ***** decent guide to follow. He could of simply kept this to himself, but he didn’t.

We all will assist when and where we can but don’t come on to this forum and start kicking off because you are struggling to follow and FREE guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

i honestly cant believe that guy,

luke and phil have done an amazing job in providing people with the how to. and answered many peoples follow up question even mine when i got in a pickle all the information is on the 2 threads 

• Like 2

i honestly cant believe that guy,

luke and phil have done an amazing job in providing people with the how to. and answered many peoples follow up question even mine when i got in a pickle all the information is on the 2 threads 

I know, unbelievable. If he read through both threads, most of not all questions are answered :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 8/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, Slaps15 said:

I am upgrading from sync 1.1 to sync 2. Ok I have a question regarding the mods to the amazon connector loom. In the pdf in the first post, Pin 44-47 has no action against it, therefore do i just leave the pins in place at the Sync 2 end?

Totally confused by the 'other connections' bit at the bottom of the pdf. What do I do with there? might be obvious but my head is melted chaps.

Any clarity from  those that have already done it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

right smart *****. the other connections are exactly that, connections not part of the sync plug you have got from amazon. so since you are being lazy and not going through both threads as mentioned to find the answers, you really shouldnt get lippy with people you tit

"'ACM main plug is the larger of two black plugs from the cd player'' 

''ÁCM  accessory is the smaller one'' 

there is two wires to move from one to the other as per guide

FCDIM is the screen connector in your sync 1 take the two cables from there to the plug that connects your radio buttons AS PER LUKES PDF THAT IS CRYSTAL CLEAR.

if you need more help feel free to shout and cry like a little girl

• Like 2

All depends if you want sync 2 or 3 and what is out there for sale. Some people ask silly money for systems and some people find absolute bargains. 

I have a SYNC 2 unit and hub/SD Card left over from my upgrade to SYNC 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if they have found the solution to the climate control issue. 

My dual zone does not work change one side the other changes. Just realised. I’ve played around with the hex values and nothing is fixing it. 

@Luke_Anderson wouldn't worry about guys like that bud, I made a idiot Proof guide to install underseat subwoofer for fiesta. Litrally drew diagrams simple enough my niece at age 7 knew. And still had a 2 ppl message me saying oh I dont know how you did this and that, and im getting a issue, blaming my guide, which many have used with ease. I basically asked if they were thick. As its obv something they have done 😂

23 hours ago, Paramanic said:

@Luke_Anderson wouldn't worry about guys like that bud, I made a idiot Proof guide to install underseat subwoofer for fiesta. Litrally drew diagrams simple enough my niece at age 7 knew. And still had a 2 ppl message me saying oh I dont know how you did this and that, and im getting a issue, blaming my guide, which many have used with ease. I basically asked if they were thick. As its obv something they have done 😂

I know I shouldn’t rise to it as there will always be idiots out there, but it infuriates me so much!  I should have just been completely honest and told him that if he had to ask which was the top and which was the bottom of the plug then he was beyond any hope of doing this himself! 😂

On 8/20/2019 at 8:37 PM, Tommo17 said:

Can anyone tell me if they have found the solution to the climate control issue. 

My dual zone does not work change one side the other changes. Just realised. I’ve played around with the hex values and nothing is fixing it. 

Same here mate tried everything I could imagine I have been told that it's possible to update sync3 from a 2018 model but not sure the physical buttons will work on screen as the newer cars have a more basic climate panel.

Seen sync3 with climate control on them at work so I might end up being a Guinea pig for everyone if I can find the courage to it.

On that note has anyone had any problems after sync 3 install with display mode not working correctly. 

Night and day work fine but when I put it into auto it stays on day mode bright as hell and refuses to go into night mode when dark.

Any help from you guys would be very much appreciated. 

On that note has anyone had any problems after sync 3 install with display mode not working correctly. 
Night and day work fine but when I put it into auto it stays on day mode bright as hell and refuses to go into night mode when dark.
Any help from you guys would be very much appreciated. 

Which Vers of SYNC 3 are you on? IIRC it solved this issue in 3 V 18025.

Same here version 3 18025 is it a common problem then I cant find a more upto date version on fird site .

You will only be able to up date your SYNC 3 to the year of the original vehicle you got it from. There are a few hardwares variants out there. I think they changed to higher storage in the MY 18/19 screens.

That said, you will be able to put the hard drive from a new vehicle with the screen of the one you have.

TL;DR, don’t try and search the internet for a newer version as you could brick the unit.

It doesn’t do it with mine as I have mine set to night all the time. You can program the theme to a darker one using FORscan though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club