Luke_Anderson

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Recommended Posts

I am upgrading from sync 1.1 to sync 2. Ok I have a question regarding the mods to the amazon connector loom. In the pdf in the first post, Pin 44-47 has no action against it, therefore do i just leave the pins in place at the Sync 2 end?

 

Totally confused by the 'other connections' bit at the bottom of the pdf. What do I do with there? might be obvious but my head is melted chaps.

 

Any clarity from  those that have already done it would be great.

 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The connector from Sync 1 is the same with Sync 2 only must change pins? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much the way any responses here lads. I'll give until morning other wise I'm out, to much hassle and very little response on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slaps15 said:

Not much the way any responses here lads. I'll give until morning other wise I'm out, to much hassle and very little response on here. 

What’s your issue. 

The pdf is fine to follow. You have the harness adapter so can do a lot of the work on that before touching the car. Just use a pin to remove the pins and place them in the correct spot. Then do the other connections as per the pdf 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tommo17See my questions in previous posts. Any answers for them ????

 

 

I'm out. Good luck. The pdf needs to be refined to make it more clear to use. Otherwise this topic is going round in circles with questions that doesn't need to be asked if the pdf was refined and clearer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Slaps15 said:

@Tommo17See my questions in previous posts. Any answers for them ????

 

 

I'm out. Good luck. The pdf needs to be refined to make it more clear to use. Otherwise this topic is going round in circles with questions that doesn't need to be asked if the pdf was refined and clearer. 

I put my original post up on doing this mod To assist people to do this, its not a 100% fool proof idiots guide to doing it. There is a certain level of common sense and electrical knowledge that is also needed. Plenty of people have done this using the guide including the pdf that I originally made. Feel free to work it out yourself like I did and plenty of other people have done and make your own guide if you like! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I put my original post up on doing this mod To assist people to do this, its not a 100% fool proof idiots guide to doing it. There is a certain level of common sense and electrical knowledge that is also needed. Plenty of people have done this using the guide including the pdf that I originally made. Feel free to work it out yourself like I did and plenty of other people have done and make your own guide if you like! 

@Luke_Anderson A predictable and pathetic answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Slaps15 said:

@Luke_Anderson A predictable and pathetic answer.

What would you like me to do? Would you like me to pop over and do it for you? Take my car apart and take a picture of every connection or change that was made? Come and hold your hand and tell you that it’s all going to be okay? If you can’t figure out what to do from the information provided then you most certainly shouldn’t be playing with your own car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

What would you like me to do? Would you like me to pop over and do it for you? Take my car apart and take a picture of every connection or change that was made? Come and hold your hand and tell you that it’s all going to be okay? If you can’t figure out what to do from the information provided then you most certainly shouldn’t be playing with your own car. 

You need to calm down and grow up a bit. I have asked questions here for days and no response and when constructive criticism is dished out little Baba can't take it. Wise up cub. I'm done engaging with you as you have absolutely no intention of providing anything remotely constructive in relation to my queries/comments. So enjoy the kudos for your half baked 'guide'. All the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Slaps15 said:

You need to calm down and grow up a bit. I have asked questions here for days and no response and when constructive criticism is dished out little Baba can't take it. Wise up cub. I'm done engaging with you as you have absolutely no intention of providing anything remotely constructive in relation to my queries/comments. So enjoy the kudos for your half baked 'guide'. All the best.

Cub and baba? And you think I’m the one that needs to grow up 😂 you see petal, the problem with people like you is that you expect things to be done for you, you don’t want to invest the time or effort into working things out for yourself. I have answered hundreds of questions on this topic since doing it and I feel that everything has pretty much been covered to a level where there is enough information to be able to do this without any more of my input. I have a job, I have kids, I have a life. Instead of bitching about people not telling you how to do something why don’t you just go and try it, work through the issues yourself. The information is all there, you just have to look for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You need to calm down and grow up a bit. I have asked questions here for days and no response and when constructive criticism is dished out little Baba can't take it. Wise up cub. I'm done engaging with you as you have absolutely no intention of providing anything remotely constructive in relation to my queries/comments. So enjoy the kudos for your half baked 'guide'. All the best.

There’s no need for that is there?
As you can probably appreciate we all have lives and don’t spend 24/7 on a forum.

If you search the forum for ‘Phil’s build guide’ you should find another user who has done the same swap and took a fair few photos. Cross reference this guide and Phil’s and you should be fine. This is what I did and I didn’t have any issues at all, fairly straight forward.

Let’s stop with the BS and appreciate that Luke went out of his way to post his findings on a forum and to share some knowledge on the matter. It’s not going to be as clear as a ford owners manual but it’s a ***** decent guide to follow. He could of simply kept this to himself, but he didn’t.

We all will assist when and where we can but don’t come on to this forum and start kicking off because you are struggling to follow and FREE guide.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i honestly cant believe that guy,

luke and phil have done an amazing job in providing people with the how to. and answered many peoples follow up question even mine when i got in a pickle all the information is on the 2 threads 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i honestly cant believe that guy,

luke and phil have done an amazing job in providing people with the how to. and answered many peoples follow up question even mine when i got in a pickle all the information is on the 2 threads 

 

I know, unbelievable. If he read through both threads, most of not all questions are answered :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, Slaps15 said:

I am upgrading from sync 1.1 to sync 2. Ok I have a question regarding the mods to the amazon connector loom. In the pdf in the first post, Pin 44-47 has no action against it, therefore do i just leave the pins in place at the Sync 2 end?

 

Totally confused by the 'other connections' bit at the bottom of the pdf. What do I do with there? might be obvious but my head is melted chaps.

 

Any clarity from  those that have already done it would be great.

 

Thanks in advance.

right smart *****. the other connections are exactly that, connections not part of the sync plug you have got from amazon. so since you are being lazy and not going through both threads as mentioned to find the answers, you really shouldnt get lippy with people you tit

"'ACM main plug is the larger of two black plugs from the cd player'' 

''ÁCM  accessory is the smaller one'' 

there is two wires to move from one to the other as per guide

FCDIM is the screen connector in your sync 1 take the two cables from there to the plug that connects your radio buttons AS PER LUKES PDF THAT IS CRYSTAL CLEAR.

if you need more help feel free to shout and cry like a little girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All depends if you want sync 2 or 3 and what is out there for sale. Some people ask silly money for systems and some people find absolute bargains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.