Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

it doesn't let me upload that type of file here ... how should i do? 

3 minutes ago, Daniele kuga II 2014 said:

it doesn't let me upload that type of file here ... how should i do? 

Send Steevo25 a personal message with your email address.

Just sent PM. Can you tell me the exact make model and year of the Kuga?

21 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

Just sent PM. Can you tell me the exact make model and year of the Kuga?

Did you receive my email with the file? 

Yes, got email. Unfortunately, you cannot have the compass on your display. Your IPC only supports LIN based communication for the compass. Your GPSM is on MS-CAN and it seems your IPC does not support this for the compass.

I have no doubt it could be fixed with a firmware update. @smartguy69 must be running a different firmware to you in his car. I would not attempt that just for a compass that you already have on the Sync 2 anyway. Firmware updating can be risky.

Kuga_Compass.thumb.jpg.29049458ff76d6a90fdfebdb284e2aec.jpg

There are quite a few updates for your car according to Ford ETIS.

Kuga_Updates.thumb.jpg.8a2afddbbb2f60e72799a5e57ae95b06.jpg

I understood, I thought that since it was there before I could have it even now ... too bad 

These are the only possible options for the compass on your IPC. This is the IPC AsBuilt setting to change it.

720-03-01   XXXX XX14 XX       - Compass from MFD (as it is at the moment)
720-03-01   XXXX XX04 XX       - Compass from GPS on LIN bus
720-03-01   XXXX XX0C XX       - Disable Compass

I can post my IPC settings if that helps. I just checked my IPC information on Etis.

Module - DV4T-10849-MP

Software - CV4T-14C026-BZA

My setting is 720-03-01   0000   6004  8F

My GPS isn't on LIN bus. It's on MS Can

My IPC settings below. This is as my asbuilt file. I would need to check with the car that it is correct as I changed my IPC configuration in Focccus, Line 214 changed to 09. I think all this does is change the display from however sync 1 looked to how sync 2 looks. It doesn't display Ford any more on the IPC and changed it to a black colour with an awful blue line under the digital speed. 

I will take a back or screen shot tomorrow.

IMG_20210120_105141.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-224746.png

Your one is set to LIN based compass. Maybe there is a gateway so it might be worth Daniele setting it to the 04 option. It might work. 

@Daniele kuga II 2014 I would try the following in IPC AsBuilt. 

720-03-01   XXXX XX04 XX       - Compass from GPS on LIN bus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok perfect tomorrow I try this change and let you know what happens. Thanks again 

Make sure you save a copy before you change it so it is easy to go back if there are any issues. 

On the Kuga forum one of our guys posted his IPC settings taken from his 2013 Kuga and it doesn't list a 720-03-01. Not sure if Ford changed the IPC from 2014 onwards when they brought the 150/180bhp euro 6 engines out which replaced the 140/163bhp, but so long as Daniele has it then we shall keep our fingers crossed.

@Steevo25 - Any thoughts on the Focccus setting change to 09 on line 214.

There were just so many options through the years. It's a mine field sometimes. 

• Like 1

Great it workedooo! You are great!!! 

Screenshot_20210322-165927_Gallery.thumb.jpg.aa851de08154bf12584aa0109ef3a374.jpg

Instead why do I see the inverted compass in the sync? 

Screenshot_20210322-170050_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a870f9cba0f9b0a5463e68b7eac92c13.jpg

I have no idea on that.

I just looked all through the Sync 3 settings, and there is no setting regarding the compass.

I do know that Ford recommend that you drive around for a bit when a new GPS module is fitted as the GPS compass does need to calibrate itself. The forums suggest driving around a car park in loops to let the unit calibrate itself.

Not sure if that could be the reason as both units are reading the reverse of each other.

• Thanks 1

OK, I will try. Thanks again for your vital help! ❤

I have seen suggestions across various forums to do a master reset. It seems there are quite a few people that have had compass problems on Sync 2. 

I don't have Sync 2 so cannot really offer any advice. 

Warmer here today than Italy.

It looks to be not far off. I would assume that instrument cluster is correct and sync 2 screen compass is showing mirror image as we do not have East/North and is said as North East, unless it's different in Italy lol.

Follow Steevo25's advice on driving around for a bit. Try adding a route in navigation and see if it resets itself. Perhaps a good idea to check your wiring of GPSM pins 2 and 3.

GPSM pin 2 to MSCAN Grey/Orange Wire & APIM pin 16

GPSM pin 3 to MSCAN Violet/Orange Wire & APIM pin 17

@Daniele kuga II 2014- I will check my APIM and IPC settings and we will compare what is different. 

@Steevo25- There are many similarities on the codes between sync 2 and 3. The small issues I had with mine for the architecture I used the sync 3 info from the F-150 sheets.

Yes, you can see it in the mirror ... I had already tried to put a path and walk but if you still see it like this. The connections are right ... 

Trying to Fit  a touch screen radio to my 171 Ford Focus style. Every thing else is working apart from the volume controls on steering wheel and dash piece. Looking for advice ? 

thanks 

Are you fitting sync3? If so try to change the setting in Focccus:

187 - set to "audio buttons on steering wheel"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club