Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Prefacelift Sync 2 8" touchscreen upgrade, How to guide with pics!!!

Luke_Anderson

9 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

For illumination, you can connect to your heated windscreen switch.

It should be Pin6 Illumination (Violet/Grey wire). Ground is on Pin12 (Black wire).

But for information, the Kuga wiring diagram does show a connection to Pin3 for illumination so no idea why there is no wire present. The only pin that should be unused is Pin6.

image.thumb.png.4a8966579256296d250cc4c7d0b13319.png

I'm sorry but I don't understand this kind of schemes .... 

I found the link to make. I need to add pin 3 on the control band. I'll try. Then I wanted to ask but if everything works as the first option including can I avoid the configuration or do I have to do it anyway? 

You may not have to configure the APIM depending on what the donor car had. If the donor car had the same features as yours, then the APIM may already be how you need it. 

The central configuration will definitely need to be changed. 

When I say same features, I mean things like rear camera, parking sensors. These all have to be configured in the APIM but if the donor car has the same as you, then the APIM may already be correct. 

Yes apologies, I did of course mean FCIM.

I believe the reason for no pin 3 is that because the SYNC 1 cd player slot was not illuminated but the SYNC 2/3 is. So you will need to tap in to another illumination wire as per Steevo25's suggestion.

Looking at the Kuga wiring diagram. It kind of says that Pin3 of the FCIM actually provides power for the Illumination (the CD slot is considered ambient lighting).

So it's a bit different to the Focus it seems. The only difference is the wire colour. That one seems to be green where the colour on the diagram is white/orange. 

When you first power up, everything should seem to work if the APIM is the same or very close to the features of your car. But certain things will not work or will not work as expected until you use FoCCCus to change the central configuration. Things like bluetooth and voice control. Plus you may have DTCs logged which you will have to clear or possibly fix and clear. 

2 hours ago, Steevo25 said:

Ok, this is where there is a wiring difference. Pin3 of the front panel connector should already be there as it goes to the car illumination circuit. If it's not then you are somehow going to have to tap in to the car illumination circuit. 

You really need a Kuga wiring diagram. I have very limited Kuga information. 

Pin 3 is missing on the Kuga. You have put one in. I found this for our guys on the Kuga forum. Procedure as pic.

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 21.25.36.png

Don't worry about the programming as anything that doesn't work can be fixed. One of our members upgrading didn't have to change anything, I an the other hand had some issues.

No bluetooth with sync 1 ACM - Sorted by the change of one digit

Incorrect climate settings as sync unit from a titanium X - Sorted by uploading asbuilt from 2016 Titanium

No park pilot on screen - Sorted by changing architecture

No navigation - required nav update file

Mine works 100%. It took me ages to find the solution for the park pilot as I thought I had already changed the architecture lol. Only thing I have noticed is my park pilot only works with engine on and I believe it should work with just ignition on. 

@Steevo25- any idea why my park pilot only comes on screen with engine on as opposed to just ignition on which I think is how it's supposed to be.

@smartguy69 I will have to check tomorrow to see how mine works. I don't think I have ever tried it with just the ignition on. 

Trying I saw that the parking sensors, the rear view camera, the bluetooth, the voice commands, the navigator (but the card that must arrive tomorrow is missing), the climate control ... everything seems to work. I need to check if the automatic parking works ... Tomorrow I'll cut the dashboard to fix it. 

Hi today I finished the installation !!! yeaaaaaaa !!!!!! bluetooth works as well as steering wheel controls and voice commands. However, I do not see the drawing of the car with the parking sensors in front or behind, it does not signal me to open and close the doors, the automatic parking system does not work. For the rest, everything seems to be working for now. What should I do to activate only these 3 things? 

Screenshot_20210315-175404_Gallery.thumb.jpg.09a2df56743697203a9523aec61ff125.jpg

• Like 1

The parking sensors will be your APIM configuration. I can only give you the configuration for a Focus. No idea if it is slightly different on a Kuga but there is no harm in trying this. You do all this in Forscan using the APIM AsBuilt. 

7DO-04-02 **XX

The XX should be 05 for front/rear and SAPP in the APIM. 

7D0-01-01 *X**

The X should be B for PDC and Reversing Camera

7D0-02-02 **** X***

Above needs to be checked as PDC architecture needs to be C1MCA. If it's set to CGEA it will disappear for MK3 or vice versa for MK3.5. 

0=DS off, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present8=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

1=DS off, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present9=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

2=DS off, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU not presentA=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU not present

3=DS off, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU presentB=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU present

4=DS off, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not presentC=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

5=DS off, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU presentD=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

6=DS off, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU not presentE=DS on, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU not present

7=DS off, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU present

8=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

9=DS on, RSS not present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

A=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU not present

B=DS on, RSS not present, CIMCA, TCU present

C=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU not present

D=DS on, RSS present, CGEA 1.3, TCU present

E=DS on, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU not present

F=DS on, RSS present, CIMCA, TCU present

Whatever your one is presently, X needs to be the C1MCA equivalent for MK3 or CGEA equivalent for MK3.5. 

Make sure you backup your AsBuilt before you change anything. It might be worth posting the above current values here before changing. A screenshot of the APIM AsBuilt screen would be good. 

Also, do you have 6 sensors on the front and 6 on the rear? Do you have a reversing camera?

• Like 1

Yes, I have sensors and a rear view camera. My kuga should be MJ2 I think 

Can you post your APIM AsBuilt. It may just be your PDC architecture. 

I have 6 sensors in front and 4 in back with the rear view camera 

I was seeing my father's sync 2 and not even he does see the opening of the doors on the sync but only on the on-board computer like me. So I have to activate the automatic parking and the vision of the sensors on the sync 

I need to see your current AsBuilt. It is probably PDC architecture but there are many options so need to see a screenshot of your AsBuilt. 

That's not the AsBuilt. You need to select the 'chip' icon on the left and then go in to the APIM AsBuilt screen. 

But that screen is showing 2 errors in the APIM but I cannot see what they are from your screenshot. 

You can just clear those 2 errors. They are just where it was all disconnected. 

2 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

You can just clear those 2 errors. They are just where it was all disconnected. 

I tried but it doesn't take them off ... 

Before changing anything, select the 'Save File' option at the bottom which will save a backup copy. 

Try changing 7D0-02-02 to the following:

7D0-02-02 XXXX 2XXX XXXX

The X means do not change those numbers. So you are just changing the first number of the 2nd box to 2. Don't touch any other numbers. Some numbers may change on their own when you enter the 2. 

Once changed, click on 'Write'.

You also need to change the following:

7D0-04-02 XXX5 XX

Then click 'Write'

4 minutes ago, Steevo25 said:

Prima di cambiare qualsiasi cosa, selezionare l'opzione 'Save File' in fondo che risparmierà una copia di backup.

Prova a cambiare 7D0-02-02 al seguente:

7D0-02-02 XXXX 2XXX XXXXXX

La X significa non cambiare quei numeri. Quindi stai solo cambiando il primo numero della seconda scatola a 2. Non toccare altri numeri. Alcuni numeri possono cambiare da soli quando si entra nel 2.

Una volta cambiato, clicca su 'Scrivi'.

it gives me this error when I click on write ... do I continue the same?

Screenshot_20210315-193233_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a43c5e23d1ed06420fb94ae710696436.jpg"" 

Don't continue. This means the checksum is wrong. Did you change anything else other than the number 2?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club