Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing a light bar

northern-matelot

I currently own a 14 Plate Fiesta Style, with no forward facing fog lights, which is a pain for me as I live in a part of the country that is notorious for fog (before you ask- it was the only car on the forecourt I could afford at the time)! Having taken the car to ford they said that it'd cost me about £5,000 to install the lights as per factory spec (sorry but stuff that!), so Iv'e decided to invest in a light bar to go behind the front grill, so it's hidden when not in use, that hopefully will look a little something like this: 

maxresdefault.jpg

Now on the dash board where the lights control panel is, the rear fog light button is marked as such, but the button for the forward light has no such marking (I assume as there's no lights),  

s-l300.jpg

(not my picture by the way, just using it as an example of one that matches my control) but as this button presses in, will I be able to actually use that to turn on the light bar or will I have to replace the control panel with one that's designed to have front fog light operating capability? 

The lights run through the BCM so it’s not a simple job. Check where the fog lights should fit. If the wiring is there then you just need a functional switch and enabling fog lights through Forscan. You could then wire the fog light loom to your light at using a relay.

As an aside you could do this with a set of OEM fog lights from a wreckers for under £100. 

£5000???  you got to be kidding. as just said get the switch and oem fogs from a scrapyard and plug them in, bet the harness is there if you look. 

• 2 weeks later...

How did you go with this?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club