Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tailgate does not open propely

Nased

Hi guys.

I have focus zetec 1.6 2005y. Few days ago I note that my tailgate isnt open. It was open as normal when i open the car by keys or key button for central lock. Now it is not open when i do that, the only way I can open tailgate is 3rd button that open only tailgate. Btw there is something wron gith key as well, sometimes i need tu press twice or more to unlock central lock but with key it works fine. I have change battery in keys and it does not help, so probably it is technikal problem with tailgate lock or mechanism. I only wonder that if i lose key then i cannot open tailgate. I though there is a key hole like it is on the front that you need to uncover the ford sign on the side and turn key left and right but i cant move this sign at all. 

There is no hidden keyhole on the boot, only the release button between the plate lights.
This button can get corroded by water and is a common fault requiring a replacement.
To unlock with the fob you need to press the button twice (designed to avoid accidental unlocking when driving etc).

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

18 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

There is no hidden keyhole on the boot, only the release button between the plate lights.
This button can get corroded by water and is a common fault requiring a replacement.
To unlock with the fob you need to press the button twice (designed to avoid accidental unlocking when driving etc).

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

...and it works oh so well...I never have to pull over and shut my boot because I've pressed the button with the keys in my pocket...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SeanW said:

...and it works oh so well...I never have to pull over and shut my boot because I've pressed the button with the keys in my pocket...

How are you managing that!? :laugh:  I've never even thought about that happening despite having a keyless car now. :lol: 

Thanks, I'll chceck it out. Any more advise about please leave down below :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Nased
I just had a similar problem on 56 plate focus. I would say if you hear the sound when you press the button on the key fob but the boot won’t open. It is likely the lock on is at fault.

I had to unlock the boot as normal with the key fob and lower the back seat to get access to the lock mechanism. I then used a flat head screw driver to force the lock open. During this process the the plastic did get damaged. I was then able to get the boot open.

Upon investigation of the lock mechanism I did find some corrosion on the pins on the lock. I did buy a replacement from eBay and replaced it and she is good again.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club