DaleBarnes

Ford ranger 2.2 powertrain warning light help needed

Im having an issue with my 62 plate 2.2 TD Ranger

The powertrain warning light comes on after around 5 miles of normal driving and there seems to be a slight drop in power, i plugged it into a friends diagnostic reader and there was 3 fault codes that read as:

• Cylinder 1 glow plug circuit
  • Cylinder 4 glow plug circuit
  • Catalyst temperature too low during regeneration

Can anyone shed any light on what the issue might be? Could it be a MAF sensor causing the catalyst temperature issue and that could cause the light to come on? Or could it be that the glow plugs are causing the issue and need to be replaced? Any help would be appreciated!

sounds like glow plugs. the glow plugs switch on prior to regen to increase the combustion temps. but you could also have other issues giving the cat temp to low. fuel vaporiser can block up stopping the diesel fuel being sent upstream  of dpf. 

so i would check the glow plugs first. enjoy as the inlet manifold needs to come off i think to access the plugs. about 4 hrs to do them. 

Did you solve this as I’m having the same lights come on and now engine light 

wow i have the same fault on my 65 plate truck did you solve the problem with changing the glow plugs ? or was it the DPF sensor in the exhaust manifold? 

My 2015 PX ranger has started to show power train fault, and goes into limp mode, reset a few times by power off, now as well the engine light is on and this will not reset, also engine revs up for no known reason, had to drive home in limp mode, all this happened while towing and also not towing, by reading forums it seems these rangers got a built in problem,

taking car to ford but my vehicle is just out of warranty by 15 months, only has 69000lkm showing, any suggestions greatly welcome.

Joe