Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Screen wash reservoir leaking

Fordfocus2012

Hi, general help needed, today i went to fill up my screen wash as quick as i was pouring it in without spilling any over the edges it was leaking back out again at the bottom of the car. Any suggestions what could be causing it or where the leak could be and the cost. Advise appreciated.

Can only be around the washer bottle.  Is the filler neck still secure?   I would guess either the pump has come loose or the bottle has cracked.  Either way, need to remove the bumper or arch liner to investigate.

With out being rude you just go to get underneath and have a  good look, and as Tom says it could be a couple of things with out looking difficult to make a useful  sensible suggestion. If you think you can't manage it your self perhaps some one you know may be able to have a look for you.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, TomsFocus said:

Can only be around the washer bottle.  Is the filler neck still secure?   I would guess either the pump has come loose or the bottle has cracked.  Either way, need to remove the bumper or arch liner to investigate.

Why are cars so ridiculously difficult to work on now! 

20 years ago if your water bottle/pump burst/broke you got another one of a Scrappy, lifted the bonnet and changed it without too much hassle. Now it seems to be minor surgery! 

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Why are cars so ridiculously difficult to work on now! 

20 years ago if your water bottle/pump burst/broke you got another one of a Scrappy, lifted the bonnet and changed it without too much hassle. Now it seems to be minor surgery! 

Back then you'd have a 1.3 8v engine in a bay that could easily fit a 3 litre V6 lol...  These days we're a bit more efficient with space! :biggrin:

Bumper off isn't as bad as it sounds on modern cars tbf.  Arch liner is even easier but does require jacking up which is why I prefer bumper off myself.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club