Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 ecoboost door mirror - coding ?

Botus

my sisters door mirror was allegedly modified by a passing vehicle, so she goes to her main dealer and they tell her she needs a new one £220 (electric, heated and folding), when she goes to pick up the car they say there you go all done.... but it doesn't work 

you'll need to pay 30 mins diagnostics and 30 mins to take off the door trim.... after a small chat, they keep the car overnight and by 16:00 they ring to say come get the car all done and now working (no additional charge)…..  when her mate said so why didn't it work the day before.... oh it wasn't programmed.

I ran a quick check for faults and 8 modules thought the world was still ending with low voltage after her alternator had died 2 days prior to the mirror issue  (both battery and alternator replaced - before the visit for a new mirror)

So I have a few questions.

1) do you really have to inform the door control module you have replaced the mirror ?  if so since when did ford become Mercedes of 12 years ago?

2) do you think the ***** just dropped the loom and or never bothered to connect it up?

3) if they really had to plug the car in to fix the mirror (which they are both charging to buy and fit....) would it not be responsible to clear all the codes?

below are two which I don't believe are related to low voltage issue, the first I think was the door control module

U201387-28 switch pack (cleared and stayed away)

B1 D55:1 5-2F Antenna 2 circuit (which was there when still in warranty, but she was too dim to take the car in)

any thoughts on these codes or if the mirror should have just worked ?

There talking *****. They haven't plugged it in and checked it. Lol  definitely no programming required.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club