Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Black or white ST

zain611

Black or white?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. What colour mk6 fiesta ST should I get?

Thought I might do a opinions based question. It's still about 2 years when I have to see if the emissions charge coming to London will happen and if I have to get a petrol. I'm just deciding whether to get a white or black ST. At the moment have a black zetec s.

Black looks great when it's clean and the paintwork is good as seen below (second picture) however it's easier to see scratches plus ford paint is soft so it's easy putting micro scratches in. Something I'd do if I got a black ST is put the red dash from my zetec s in it. Screenshot_20180713-110933.thumb.png.c0f5edb31a6d0685436d89e4fb90f172.png_20180612_222223.thumb.JPG.1f6b4ca1480884746f9571688f01a059.JPG

White to me on the mk6 fiesta looks cool and kind of exclusive. It's also harder to see scratches on white. I think dirt is easier to see on white. I don't think a red dash would look good in a white car but the colour itself might stand it out. I would get the front bumper plastics painted gloss black 

Screenshot_20181024-210943.pngScreenshot_20180923-111151.thumb.png.4701984d0184334c2db2037c2cfb9a78.png

Has to be white for me. Mainly because the black with the white stripes remind me of a Punto, sorry lol. 

• Haha 1

I voted black 😉 but to be honest both of those look lovely, especially given their mileage.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

White for me, guess I am a bit bias, however I've had both black and white Fiestas and so far the white has been easier to look after.

While it looks good clean, the white doesn't show the general dust like it does on black and deep colours. Black (and my previous DIB) showed everything, every lacquer mark and imperfection, specs of dust as soon as you've washed it.

Proper dirt/mud looks bad on any colour imo.

Also I can wash the white Fiesta in direct summer sun without worry, the bodywork just doesn't heat up and dry the water out (hard water area where I live, so lots of calcium in the water).

But ultimately it is personal preference. Black can look mean, but then you tend to have to work on the plastic too, or they just look grey against the bodywork. White shows the plastics up better imo.

• Like 1

I'd say white...  Black cars are my personal preference but bearing in mind they are going to be ~14 years old, it'll be hard to find an older black car that isn't full of imperfections.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, TimST2 said:

I voted black 😉 but to be honest both of those look lovely, especially given their mileage.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My zetec s on the second picture has around 118k miles and I just machine polished it on that pic. I've seen two black mk7 fiesta STs lately and have to say they look beautiful in black. The mk6 I think looks nice in white. The front bumper of the mk6 ST looks a little similar to the zetec bumper with fogs that when I drive past one Id have go right at the point of passing them to know. Black also kind of doesn't show the cars exterior design / curves. 

@alexp999 that's good to know about washing a white car. I like to wash my car when it's around 20'C. Not to cold otherwise it takes a while for the water to dry and not to hot as Id sometimes see steam coming off the car. 

On 10/25/2018 at 11:45 AM, TomsFocus said:

I'd say white...  Black cars are my personal preference but bearing in mind they are going to be ~14 years old, it'll be hard to find an older black car that isn't full of imperfections.

My fiesta has a few pin dents on it which I honestly wonder how people can do that. I've heard of people using suction cups to pull them out but I'd need a small one has the dents are small. 

I think I might plan on going for white. Only problem I'd say is the white ones are going for a bit more money but hopefully they'll be a little cheaper in 2 years with decent mileage. 

On 10/25/2018 at 1:58 AM, Jonro2009 said:

Has to be white for me. Mainly because the black with the white stripes remind me of a Punto, sorry lol. 

Never thought of that 😂. I'm trying to remember if puntos came with racing stripes. The gearboxes in them are made of chocolate so I don't see where the racing inspiration came from 🍫🤣

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, zain611 said:

My zetec s on the second picture has around 118k miles and I just machine polished it on that pic.

It looks great, and just goes to show how important looking after your car is. My Lotus is similar - 19 years old with 95,000 miles on the clock and it looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.

55 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I've seen two black mk7 fiesta STs lately and have to say they look beautiful in black.

They certainly do, but then again I'm biased 😉

1d8bed6f3814a205a24b587edc3af609.jpg

8e0acd4c8dfa251738fbdc36a5a3d479.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 11:35 AM, TimST2 said:

It looks great, and just goes to show how important looking after your car is. My Lotus is similar - 19 years old with 95,000 miles on the clock and it looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.

They certainly do, but then again I'm biased 😉

1d8bed6f3814a205a24b587edc3af609.jpg

8e0acd4c8dfa251738fbdc36a5a3d479.jpg

It's something about the front which looks really nice in black. I think it's that bit above the fog which bolges out and the gloss black grill. Someone in my hospital recently got one which I was looking at whilst walking past 😂. A few days ago when I was walking back to my car from uni I saw another one but was a little modified (which makes it easy to know its a students car). Tinted gelled plates and some big race front splitter. 

Something I'd like to do if I get a white mk6 ST is get the front bumper plastics sprayed gloss black along with adding a triple R splitter. I think those bits will just blend in if I had a black ST. Screenshot_20181028-101803.thumb.png.dfe5d2f3a03ab5116ee947e289d244fe.png

Example of how the plastic trims look. They fade over time. Luckily the ST comes with colour coded handles, door strips, mirror covers and boot handle unlike the zetec s which is plastic. Saves money just to paint the front if I get a white one. _20180619_230642.thumb.JPG.18ec49600bd6f0cc0b77cb7dbec7b56a.JPG

@alexp999 I also forgot to say but try out Koch chemie fse. It's a finishing spray which is designed to remove water spots plus adds a real depth to the paint. 

DSC_0252.JPG

Black certainly shows up hard water spots more. That's why I apply Aquawax after most washes.

Black trim is essentially body-coloured on a black car, so depending on your personal preference that could bee seen as an advantage. I love mine but the only disadvantage is that th body-coloured diffuser doesn't stand out like it does on other colours.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club