Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Brake Discs

Martin-Fiesta-MK6-1.4

Has anybody got any idea what this picture is telling you??? the left picture is my nearside (looks dodgy) and the right is my offside (fine)

My car is squeaking when i travel over 50mph aswel

Untitled.png

on the left pic the pad is not touching the disc when you brake in the area where the orange rust is.  Not sure why that would be unless it is new pads and that pad has not yet bedded into the profile of the disc if the disc is unevenly worn (not dead flat going from centre to edge).

If it was mine and it does not have new pads and driving a few miles with a bit of braking does not remove the orange rust I might be tempted to take the pads out and inspect further.

Then again I might be too lazy to bother unless I could actually feel the brakes pulling the car to one side

Could it be that part of the disc where the orange rust appears is in poorer condition from someone running the previous pads down to the metal.

or did someone put new discs on but not put new pads on (and the old pads have an uneven surface on from from where they bedded into previous uneven discs

A partial seizied caliper slider pins most likely.

Best bet is to change discs and pads, the pad more than likely has a groove where one part of the pad will be raised compared to the other part of the pad.  Uneven break wear is what you getting and that's why you have a noise. As pragmatix says. it could be a seized calliper, if you're lucky it'll just be rubbish pads, but from my experience from the motor trade, it'll end up being a calliper.

• Like 1

I put new pads and discs on it in april, its been making a noise over 50 for about 3 weeks, it seems like a part seized caliper could be my issue

The car is not pulling to one side when i break

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club