Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2009 TDCI DPF fault

John Stephenson

Hi everyone,

I've been driving a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI estate 2009 for two years, great car that has never let me down. Now on 107K miles and have had a DPF fault for 3 months. originally a flexible tube leading to a sensor failed, got that repaired in about August but not long after that faults popped up. the main one that can't be cleared is P2000 (or P2002) DPF blocked. Took it to my independent mechanic who said it was strange because he checked the performance of the DPF and there was no loss of pressure either side of it so he thinks it's not blocked, but the dash warning light keeps coming back on within a few miles of everything being reset.  Once I've had the 'Engine malfunction' warning and then it stops cruise control from operating, not quite limp mode but something's wrong.  The engine still pulls well all the time the amber warning light is on.

Can anyone help /suggest what could cause this fault please?. Someone suggested the main 'computer' is faulty if it's reporting faults that aren't true but I'm not going to pay for a new one of those unless it's definitely the problem.

John S

On 12/8/2018 at 9:58 PM, John Stephenson said:

Hi everyone,

I've been driving a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI estate 2009 for two years, great car that has never let me down. Now on 107K miles and have had a DPF fault for 3 months. originally a flexible tube leading to a sensor failed, got that repaired in about August but not long after that faults popped up. the main one that can't be cleared is P2000 (or P2002) DPF blocked. Took it to my independent mechanic who said it was strange because he checked the performance of the DPF and there was no loss of pressure either side of it so he thinks it's not blocked, but the dash warning light keeps coming back on within a few miles of everything being reset.  Once I've had the 'Engine malfunction' warning and then it stops cruise control from operating, not quite limp mode but something's wrong.  The engine still pulls well all the time the amber warning light is on.

Can anyone help /suggest what could cause this fault please?. Someone suggested the main 'computer' is faulty if it's reporting faults that aren't true but I'm not going to pay for a new one of those unless it's definitely the problem.

John S

I doubt it's the ECU at fault, if the sensor tube has been fixed then I'd have thought it's more likely that the sensor might be at fault.  I'm not sure if the DPF on your car also has a vaporiser to help things along, they can also fail which tends to cause regens to fail.

4 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

I doubt it's the ECU at fault, if the sensor tube has been fixed then I'd have thought it's more likely that the sensor might be at fault.  I'm not sure if the DPF on your car also has a vaporiser to help things along, they can also fail which tends to cause regens to fail.

No vapouriser on a 2009

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club