Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2017 Reverse Parking Camera

Marteeno

If you have the wiring would Ford dealers entertain you by supplying the camera and activation or don't they want to know if didn't come with it?

try them they can only say no [emoji4]
I might ask sometime though guess it could be expensive for oem camera plus time.

I would imagine they would charge at least 3 hrs Labour plus parts.

Ouch was thinking 1 hour. Next time I'm passing I'll go in and ask to find out.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:08 PM, Jonro2009 said:

This is the camera I have used, the image isn’t as sharp as I would have liked but it does the job and I am probably just being picky. I’m not unhappy with it.

Car Rover® Universal Car Reversing Backup Camera Parking Assiatance Waterproof https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013AUMV12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_oEiACbYV5BW2R

I ordered this 54 pin APIM adapter. It is perfect, good quality and fits nice and snug at both ends.

ZIZON 54 Pin Apim Connector Sync 1 Ford Camera Input Harness Cable with RCA Connector for Camera Extension on SYNC 2 or SYNC 3 for Ford Wiring Harness 14 Inches https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G16KK4F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_4EiACb8SM7E9Z

You will also need a fuse piggyback, a modified EML327 cable and access to Forscan. I had all of these already so didn’t factor it in to the total cost, if you need to buy these then it’s about £2.99 for the piggyback and £15.00 for the cable so still dirt cheap if you compare it with another aftermarket kit. This works via the Sync unit and I don’t know many if any that will do that.

Hi Jonro, thanks for this !!! Can I just ask why I'd need the piggyback, the EML cable as well as the Forscan ? I'm a complete newbie at this and so I'm planning on having a garage do it for me but I know it wouldn't be cheap. Thanks again.

• Like 1

You were right. I asked today while car was in for clutch recall. Said about 3 hrs labour at £105/hr plus obviously parts. Don't think I'll bother lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

You were right. I asked today while car was in for clutch recall. Said about 3 hrs labour at £105/hr plus obviously parts. Don't think I'll bother lol

Ouch! When I ordered my car it was £200 for parking sensors only or £250 for sensors plus camera, so it makes sense (sorry!) to order it from new if you have the chance.

That said, I find I still mainly rely on the sensors and door mirrors when parking, but the camera is handy when backing up to a wall or another vehicle for instance.

Yeah I didn't get mine from new but even tech in garage was like... Do you think you'd really need it..... And he's right I don't. This is first car I've had with parking sensors and have managed fine up til then.

Hi Jonro, thanks for this !!! Can I just ask why I'd need the piggyback, the EML cable as well as the Forscan ? I'm a complete newbie at this and so I'm planning on having a garage do it for me but I know it wouldn't be cheap. Thanks again.

Piggy back was to pick up power direct from the fuse box, cable and Forscan is to activate the camera service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/1/2019 at 6:27 PM, Jonro2009 said:

Piggy back was to pick up power direct from the fuse box, cable and Forscan is to activate the camera service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I get it now -as for the labour costs, well might have to either take a rain check or do more overtime !!! Cheers.

• 5 months later...

@Jonro2009, sorry to bring up an old thread, but I think you are just the man I need! 😁

I'm using the exact same kit as you to get the reverse camera onto my Sync2 (of which the cable you used also supports it seems), but I just wanted to clarify a couple of points:

1) Did you have to tap in any wires for power, or is just the use of the harness/fuse piggyback all that's needed. Also, which fuse did you tap into?

2) I assume that you attached the camera to the boot release handle, so is there enough room between the led/release catch to drill the hole for it without fouling anything?

I want to make sure I've got my facts right before I start pulling panels apart! 😂

• 6 months later...

Could someone please tell me where this socket is located on the right hand side of the boot?  Im thinking of buying a German Dynamic camera - a wee bit more expensive than the usual at £66.89, but Id like to get as much info as possible before commiting to buy.

• 9 months later...

Hi 

I am also thinking of doing the same, 2015 ford focus. 

I have the grey port on the right-hand side. 

How easy is it to add the camera? Would it be as simple as getting a camera and just plug it in? Or do I need to pass wire through. 

Thanks in advance

Check out this topic for details on how to fit an after market camera when you have reversing sensors and grey plug.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 8:17 PM, Mrm said:

Hi 

I am also thinking of doing the same, 2015 ford focus. 

I have the grey port on the right-hand side. 

How easy is it to add the camera? Would it be as simple as getting a camera and just plug it in? Or do I need to pass wire through. 

Thanks in advance

If you can find a 2015 2016 Mk3.5 Titanium X Focus in a breakers then get the camera/reg plate unit and all the wiring inside the (righthand side) boot lid, if the place allows you in to strip yourself the better, as the OEM wiring is a faff to disassemble but doable, lots of stripping of plastic interior parts but gives you experience when you need to transfer into your own.

Then you will need Forscan with the extended license to reconfigure the APIM data and BCMii Module configuration (AS BUILT) data for camera operation and the dynamic lines

APIM Data 

7D0-01-01-096C-xxxx-xxxx to 7D0-01-01-0B6C-xxxx-xxxx

Key

3 = With camera no PDC

9 = No camera with PDC

B = With Camera and PDC

BCMii Module configuration (AS BUILT)

726-01-06-1240-xxxx-xxxx to 726-01-06-9240-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

1 = No Dynamic lines

9 = With Dynamic lines

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 12:54 AM, KevG said:

If you can find a 2015 2016 Mk3.5 Titanium X Focus in a breakers then get the camera/reg plate unit and all the wiring inside the (righthand side) boot lid, if the place allows you in to strip yourself the better, as the OEM wiring is a faff to disassemble but doable, lots of stripping of plastic interior parts but gives you experience when you need to transfer into your own.

Then you will need Forscan with the extended license to reconfigure the APIM data and BCMii Module configuration (AS BUILT) data for camera operation and the dynamic lines

APIM Data 

Change from 7D0-01-01-096C-xxxx-xxxx to 7D0-01-01-0B6C-xxxx-xxxx

Key

3 = With camera no PDC

9 = No camera with PDC

B = With Camera and PDC

BCMii Module configuration (AS BUILT)

Change from 726-01-06-1240-xxxx-xxxx to 726-01-06-9240-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

1 = No Dynamic lines

9 = With Dynamic lines

Just to a note to say that I have enabled the Dynamic Lines i.e. the steering lines!, and this also enables the zoom function too.

• 1 year later...

@Marteeno

Sorry to dig up an old thread but did get your reverse camera working?

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 12:29 PM, KevG said:

@Marteeno

Sorry to dig up an old thread but did get your reverse camera working?

Hi Kevin,

I've only just seen this message. My insurance wouldn't let me go ahead with the installation as it meant drilling into the body work and they said it would invalidate the warranty. I haven't had it installed and won't be doing so really any time soon. Apologies for the lateness in replying !!!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, Marteeno said:

Hi Kevin,

I've only just seen this message. My insurance wouldn't let me go ahead with the installation as it meant drilling into the body work and they said it would invalidate the warranty. I haven't had it installed and won't be doing so really any time soon. Apologies for the lateness in replying !!!

Drilling into the bodywork?

What do you mean by that?

Everything is pretty much plug in like for like!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevG said:

Yes I thought it a poor excuses. I've never know anyone to contact their insurance company before fitting a reverse camera. Then again I've never heard of an insurance company saying "it would invalidate the warranty"  as if they cared. Lots of simple things could possibly invalidate a manufactures warranty, is the insurance company saying that they would then void the insurance ?

I have fitted many dashcam's and reverse camera's for myself and others and can say I've never needed to drill holes in the bodywork.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 9:14 PM, KevG said:

I was told by various garages as well as Halfords, that the camera doesn't just attach to the car, it would need to be secured by drilling into the body work which, if I remember correctly, was where the opening handle is, and required work there. They mentioned, that for some car insurers, this is a modification. So I took their advice, phoned them and they said that it would affect my policy, sorry, I should've said policy before, and not warranty. Since then I've changed insurers, and haven't managed to get a camera installed as yet but hopefully will in the near future.

Boot handle on the Focus is simply replaced by unclipping it and replacing it with an almost identical handle assembly that also incorporates the reverse camera. Absolutely no drilling or modifications to the bodywork are required.

For Example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2540003.m570.l1313&_nkw=284626832255&_sacat=0

On 5/17/2022 at 10:41 PM, Marteeno said:

I was told by various garages as well as Halfords, that the camera doesn't just attach to the car, it would need to be secured by drilling into the body work which, if I remember correctly, was where the opening handle is, and required work there. They mentioned, that for some car insurers, this is a modification. So I took their advice, phoned them and they said that it would affect my policy, sorry, I should've said policy before, and not warranty. Since then I've changed insurers, and haven't managed to get a camera installed as yet but hopefully will in the near future.

Clearly you didn't read anything on this forum then.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:55 PM, unofix said:

Boot handle on the Focus is simply replaced by unclipping it and replacing it with an almost identical handle assembly that also incorporates the reverse camera. Absolutely no drilling or modifications to the bodywork are required.

For Example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2540003.m570.l1313&_nkw=284626832255&_sacat=0

As simple as opening a door, lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club