Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 2014 Aircon problem?

fiestalux

I just returned from a two week holiday (without my car) and on my return I noticed that I permanently have a lot of condensation in the car, even when the air con is on. The normal demisters seem to work fine, however I noticed this morning that I can only hear the air con fan in the car when it is turned up to the maximum (e.g. 4) previously if I remember correctly it was audible even when at 2 or 3. If the air con is set to 1,2 or 3 then the car remains full of condensation, except for the front and rear windscreens.

Is this a fault? Normal? Or simply because it has been sitting for two weeks and hence will clear itself.

I can take it back to the dealer as I still have a few months remaining of the five year warranty but I just want to avoid making an obvious mistake before complaining.

Cheers,

rod 

I would run it around a bit to see if it clears up if not you can still take it to the dealers before its out :smile:

It sounds like a classic case of the blower motor resistor having failed. It is only in-circuit for the lower fan speeds; max fan bypasses it entirely. A simply and cheap fix for them if it is this so I wouldn't expect any issues getting it sorted.

Leaving aside not hearing the fan, can you feel air coming out of the vents (when stationary)?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club