Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Mats......best ones to get.

jace1969

Just looked at my Genuine mats and drivers side has a hole in it now,looked at a few and do a lot of you have a good quality set or Genuine or even the rubber ones/cheaper ones.

Also i would still like the 2 holes in them so they don't slip under the peddles,seen some rubber ones which still have the holes in them.

I have Mk8 mats in my Mk7. Not sure if they're better than the Mk7 mats or not though. The drivers side is cut back a bit more than on my last Mk7 to stop it catching on the pedals though.

Mountune sell some nice looking ones at a reasonable price: https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-st/products/fiesta-b299st-mountune-floor-mats

I got the Ford ones off amazon. In reality they're all the same sort of quality with cheap carpet that not only wears through after 2 years, but traps dirt better than a car wash mitt.

I got some on eBay (carpet type, not rubber), not the cheapest ones, they looked good and were tailored to the car with fixing holes in right place. but have not stood the test of time. My heel wore a hole through in less than a year. I don't mind paying more for something that is better, but it is hard to tell, sometimes you pay more and get no extra benefit. Which I guess is why you ask for recomendations. 

In my previous Mk6.5 I had genuine ford rubber mats which after 9 years didn't look too bad and had no holes worn through. 

I always buy genuine Ford rubber  , I know they are more expensive, but are the right shape with the fixing holes to stop them sliding about (fronts only).

The new ones on the mk4 focus are the best yet, are like trays and to me offer the best protection . Better than any of the other focuses.

My Mk 8 Fiesta came with carpet mats as standard, but I got a set of Ford rubber mats and boot liner as part of the deal, so the carpet mats are still in their plastic bag. The rubber mats fit well and seem of decent quality.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My Mk 8 Fiesta came with carpet mats as standard, but I got a set of Ford rubber mats and boot liner as part of the deal, so the carpet mats are still in their plastic bag. The rubber mats fit well and seem of decent quality.

There are cheaper ones (my link above) which have the fixing holes so they don't slide,was thinking about the rubber ones as its only the drivers one gone

and no one else really comes in the car.

20 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I have Mk8 mats in my Mk7. Not sure if they're better than the Mk7 mats or not though. The drivers side is cut back a bit more than on my last Mk7 to stop it catching on the pedals though.

Mountune sell some nice looking ones at a reasonable price: https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-st/products/fiesta-b299st-mountune-floor-mats

Any pics of them? I was going to get another set of Mountune mats but if mk8 mats fit I'll buy the "lux" set for the mk8.

23 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Any pics of them? I was going to get another set of Mountune mats but if mk8 mats fit I'll buy the "lux" set for the mk8.

They're these ones I think:

https://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/protection/interior-protection/floor-mats,-standard-carpet/2109951

https://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/protection/interior-protection/floor-mats,-standard-carpet/2109955

Its a pity you cant just by 1 mat for the drivers side as nobody ever gets in my back or passenger as we don't go out a lot being looking after my elderly dad.

I cant justify over £50+ for 4 mats as set of Genuine ford ones you can get for £25 to £30 Max online,im a bit hit and miss to try these £12 set ones as got the

holes and sold over 2000 with only bad feedback was mainly the slow post or wrong item and being i don't use the car a lot they aint going to have massive use.

• Like 1

Genuine standard Ford mats are awful tbh, I wasted £25 on a set for the Mk3 and wish I'd paid the extra for the deluxe velour ones like I'd previously had in the Mk2.

I paid £15 posted for a genuine set of slightly used velour ones for the Golf so no idea why Ford ones are so expensive!  

I don't personally like rubber mats, that was the only genuine option back in my Peugeot 306 days so I persevered with them back then lol.

42 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Its a pity you cant just by 1 mat for the drivers side as nobody ever gets in my back or passenger as we don't go out a lot being looking after my elderly dad.

That would be a good idea! I've often ended up with a worn out drivers mat when the others are pristine. My Mrs used to destroy hers as well, through driving in killer heels.

I wish you could get odd shoes/boots as well - I do a lot of walking but because of an old injury to my right foot, wear the right out very quickly, while the left is almost unworn. I keep trying to find someone with a knackered left foot so we could do a swap!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That would be a good idea! I've often ended up with a worn out drivers mat when the others are pristine. My Mrs used to destroy hers as well, through driving in killer heels.
I wish you could get odd shoes/boots as well - I do a lot of walking but because of an old injury to my right foot, wear the right out very quickly, while the left is almost unworn. I keep trying to find someone with a knackered left foot so we could do a swap![emoji3]
True with the shoes as well,then again might charge just a small amount less for the 1 so my as well have the set,in your case the pair lol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

True with the shoes as well,then again might charge just a small amount less for the 1 so my as well have the set,in your case the pair lol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

At one time it was customary to buy a suit with extra trousers as usually you wore those out much faster than the jacket. He good if you could buy shoes with a extra left or right at the time of purchase!😀

I had standard Ford mats in my previous Mk7 Zetec that still looked like new after 30k miles.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried these in the end and fits just like Genuine ones and the Drivers front has a thicker piece for wear for the pedals,feels like the Genuine ones.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tailored-Black-Car-Floor-Mats-Carpets-4pc-Set-with-Clips-for-Ford-Fiesta-11-17/173230910318?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2019 at 5:58 PM, TimST2 said:

How well do MK8 Matts fit in a MK7?

Do you have a photo?

It's a pity you can't just buy the driver's mat on its own.   My driver's mat is pretty well worn out but the other three are like new.

2 hours ago, RO02THO said:

How well do MK8 Matts fit in a MK7?

Do you have a photo?

I don't have a photo handy but they fit as if they were designed for the car. As I said, the main difference is that the drivers side is cut back away from the pedals a bit more to stop it catching. So if anything they're better than the Mk7 mats.

Keep your eyes open for bargains at Lidl or Aldi. I picked up a set Michelin rubber mats for £14.99.

20 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't have a photo handy but they fit as if they were designed for the car. As I said, the main difference is that the drivers side is cut back away from the pedals a bit more to stop it catching. So if anything they're better than the Mk7 mats.

Do they have the part that sticks out on the left side or is it straight up to the cutout for the dead pedal?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club