Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plates and Magnets

Ravo26

Hi all,

A few questions really. I'm taking delivery of some new number plates but not looking to drill through them for the screw holes. I've looked around and watched a few videos on how to get 'magnetic style' number plates; aka, have magnets on the back side of the bumper in front of the radiator etc.

See this video HERE.

I am looking to do this on my car (Fiesta Zetec S '16 plate Red Edition)  for the front and rear and was wondering if anyone else has done something similar and has experienced any problems?

Cheers

Ravo26

Doesn't seem very safe to me there's nothing to stop them being stolen, I much prefer the double sided tape as it really sticks.

• Like 1

Use a plate holder combined with adhesive pads to help everything mould to the bumpers.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

I have used plates surrounds  screwed on and number plates stuck with tape , never had issues on cars i have had they have always stayed secure.

• Like 1

3m double sided tape for me. Looks cleaner than a number plate holder and doesnt require drilling the bumper. If someone really wanted to steal it, pretty sure they'd carry a Phillip's screwdriver.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club