Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fluid leak.

michaelburrows

had car serviced and motd last week. have found a stain on block paving now.  dosnt smell  dosnt feel ouly or sticky  but not water as it hasnt dried out. any ideas where it may be coming from

20190407_084213.jpg

Have you checked if the oil filter and sump plug are leaking? Was any work done on the brakes, is the fluid level ok?

29 minutes ago, michaelburrows said:

had car serviced and motd last week. have found a stain on block paving now.  dosnt smell  dosnt feel ouly or sticky  but not water as it hasnt dried out. any ideas where it may be coming from

20190407_084213.jpg

If that's front offside, isn't the power steering reservoir around there?  It is on my mk2.5, but can't remember on the mk3.

i had front pads replaced. iv just had a look under. but cant see anything wet. obviously cant check washer bottle. i think brake fluid would have a distinct smell to it.  it smeels and feels nothing. will take drivers side front wheel off today and have a look. worrying

had wheel off cant see anything wet or oily.  lowered engine tray.  nothing wet there either. unless water washer bottle has leaked which i cant even see i have no idea. . assume not just water in there so mayb thays dripped a lot and whatevers in it has left a stain i dont know. 

3 hours ago, Albert27 said:

If that's front offside, isn't the power steering reservoir around there?  It is on my mk2.5, but can't remember on the mk3.

Mk3 is fully electric*, no PAS fluid at all. :smile: 

(*All except the 1.6Ti-VCT engine)

1 hour ago, michaelburrows said:

had wheel off cant see anything wet or oily.  lowered engine tray.  nothing wet there either. unless water washer bottle has leaked which i cant even see i have no idea. . assume not just water in there so mayb thays dripped a lot and whatevers in it has left a stain i dont know. 

The washer bottle is just in front of that wheel so very likely that that's either leaked, or the techs weren't very accurate when topping it up at the service.  Could also be the headlight washer leaking, they seem prone to leaking on any car with them for some reason!  I'd suggest your washer concentration is a bit strong if it's not drying out though!

Bit of a long shot but have you tried the AC since seeing the leak?  AC oil leaves a stain on concrete so maybe a pipe has split on that side?

• Like 1

ac oil. well its always on its climate and leave on all the time. however in summer months it pees out with condensation in middle of car. its like a hose sometimes.but bk to now how can i view the headlamp washer bottle.

Looks like brake fluid to me. It’s possible they have pushed the caliper pistons back in to allow for the new pads and increased the fluid level in the reservoir which has then overflowed! Not great if that’s the case as brake fluid will strip the paint off of anything it touches if left for long enough.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club