Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gadgets Help Needed

russmossy

I have just bought a 2016 Mondeo Vignale but the owners manual does not make sense, could be one from another car? Cant see anywhere to download the full manual, I can only find the quick start ones on the net, including the ford website. I will find out what things do with use over time, but can anyone advise on the following:-

It has stop start and a button on the console to temporarily disable but if I go into the menus on the dash I eventually filter through to one that says "auto engine off". This seems to make no difference to the stop start so I guess it could be an emergency feature? I also note that if I untick the box it will randomly re-tick, not necessarily after one or two trips but seems to suit itself. Is there a way to permanently disable stop start and what is the auto engine off feature?

I appreciate there will be some functions that my car does not have but (going back to manuals), I cant find a picture of anything near resembling my dashboard cluster. For instance, there is a small circular hole just above the speed sign one, in the speed display section. I am resigned to the fact that it is a feature I do not have but am curious to know what it is. I may decide it is something I want and get it fitted!

Any advice appreciated

20190410_093609.jpg

20190410_093623.jpg

This should be the manual for your car, it's Type 3 dash - http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Index?Variantid=3909&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&marketCode=US&bookcode=O30325&VIN=&userMarket=GBR&div=f

There isn't a way to permanently disable stop start as it's part of emissions regulation.  You would have to switch it off each day.

Annoyingly I can't find any pictures of Vignale dashes with that circle filled, and its not in the manual either.  I cant see that they'd go to the expensive of a digital dash and then leave an irritating empty hole in it though! :laugh:   So I guess its something that only happens when actually driving, possibly a second traffic sign such as no overtaking?

• Like 1

You can disable the start stop each time you are time you start the car.  However there is a program called Forscan that you will be able to make it a permanate fix.  Have a look at Forscan.org for more information on how to use it and what hardware you need.

Thanks very much Tom, really appreciated. I have not seen anything appear in the circle over the last couple of months of driving it but if it is a warning light, I don't want to! No news is good news. LOL.

Thanks GG but I looked at Forscan and immediately knew I was out of my depth. At least I now know it can be deactivated so if it does become an issue I can visit a Ford garage or a car electrics place. I don't mind the stop start feature as such and I am told these cars have upgraded components to accommodate but I don't like the idea of the strain put on the engine mounts ect every time it starts. I am probably just being over sensitive but if you have ever touched the drum of a washing machine and felt the swing of the suspension springs, it reminds me of that every time it starts. 

Spend a little time reading about Forscan. I felt the same with it when i first looked at it.  But once you get to understand parts of it, you will be hooked by it.  If you take to your ford garage they will not do it for you, they will use an excuse that they can not do it for you.  Ive only been using forscan just over a month and made a number of changes to the car and its only cost me the price of the ELM which was under £20.  The amount ive saved by making the changes i have would be in the 100's.

There are plenty of spreadsheets out there for different ford cars (mostly usa) but the commands are the same on most models except the very brand news ones.
Its worth looking at the forscan forum, there are loads of youtube clips as well and a good community of people out there if you get stuck including myself.  Also i suggest you join the following facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/

Its one of the largest, if not the largest Mondeo Mk5 uk groups out there.  Im on there as Gav Jarratt. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club