Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 vs Mk2.5

mrsday26

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member and this is my first post. 

We had an argument with a skip yesterday and my beautiful car now has some lovely body work issues :(. My question is..i have found a replacement door for my car but i know there is a Mk2 and Mk2.5 from what i can see both my car and the scrap yard car are both Mk2.5, but i wanted someone with a bit of knowledge to guide me.

can someone let me know the difference and if the two cars are the same (photos attached)

thank you. 

IMG_20180426_143548.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190417_111253.jpg

same car colour looks different 😊 

Thank you,whats the difference between the two, do you know? I thinks the colour maybe the same but ts the angle i took my car photo at...this is a close up of my car with the damage as well 😞

20190416_193933.jpg

1 minute ago, mrsday26 said:

Thank you,whats the difference between the two, do you know? I thinks the colour maybe the same but ts the angle i took my car photo at...this is a close up of my car with the damage as well 😞

20190416_193933.jpg

there both mk 2.5 face lift models 

The scrap car is a facelift model, same as yours.  You will need to swap your privacy glass window into the other door though.

Also it looks like there's a car on top of the scrap one, that may have bent the door!!

These are the other two images from the scrap yard car. It is a bit of a state and we need all our interior and glass swapping accross, Hoping it is a simply swap for a bodyshop place to do. 

Thanks guys. 

thumbnail_IMG_20190417_111259.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190417_111309.jpg

10 minutes ago, mrsday26 said:

These are the other two images from the scrap yard car. It is a bit of a state and we need all our interior and glass swapping accross, Hoping it is a simply swap for a bodyshop place to do. 

Thanks guys. 

thumbnail_IMG_20190417_111259.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190417_111309.jpg

That colour is Vision blue, it was only available on facelift models so it must be a facelift.  Interestingly, there isn't another way to prove if its facelift or not just from the rear door, its mainly the bumpers/lights/boot/bonnet that are different!  Having said that, most pre facelift cars did have rub strips on the doors, whereas the facelift doesn't usually, so that's another good indicator.  The scrap car is a Zetec S trim judging by the sideskirts - does your car have rear electric windows as it'll be a bit of a pain swapping all the internals and loom over to the new one if so.

That really looks a mess though, there must be a better one available with the amount of Focus's in scrap yards nowadays!

• Thanks 1

There are quite a few on eBay.  Not sure on your budget etc but if you search 'vision blue door' there are plenty on there.  Here's one with privacy glass and internals...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-ZETEC-COMPLETE-PASSENGER-SIDE-REAR-DOOR-VISION-BLUE-HDF/323773218665?hash=item4b62633f69:g:4-gAAOSwkIJcreru

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That looks a better deal 😊

That one looks tons better and maybe a bit less messing, we have manual back windows, but the condition of the scrap yard one was slightly off putting. Thank you for finding the eBay door, That looks like a perfect door. 

• Like 1

You can tell which version the doors are from as there is a plastic bump strip on the pre-facelift doors which is absent in the Mk2.5.

I agree with previous assessments that the photos of the door you have taken are from a Mk2.5.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

The actual bodyline of the car is different. The horizontal "crease" going across the door handle has 2 bends in it and is a lot sharper of a bend, where the pre-facelift just has a small curve to it.

Ford-Focus-Mk2-5-Door-2004-2007-Door.jpg

8a718c5d-6a84-458a-a1d7-101326bb159d.JPG

• Like 2

I can confirm that as above, as long as you find a door which doesn't have the plastic strip (and not just 'cos it was pinched!) You should be all fine and dandy.

I'm in the middle of a double door swap on my 2.5 also, and can tell you the hardest part out of everything is getting the rubber gaiter for the door wiring back together properly.. the rest is *fairly* straightforward, but if you have a Haynes (Much thanks to Dan P for that bit of info) itll be very very helpful as it has a pictorial on how to swap out the glass, should you need to. Other than that, just have a second person nearby to help out with aligning the door by holding it correct to match your front door lines, may take a couple of goes but it's easy enough.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, Luke4efc said:

The actual bodyline of the car is different. The horizontal "crease" going across the door handle has 2 bends in it and is a lot sharper of a bend, where the pre-facelift just has a small curve to it.

Ford-Focus-Mk2-5-Door-2004-2007-Door.jpg

8a718c5d-6a84-458a-a1d7-101326bb159d.JPG

I've been working on mk2s and 2.5s for years and never noticed that crease was different before! 😮 

• Like 1

I've been working on mk2s and 2.5s for years and never noticed that crease was different before! [emoji50] 
Did your guide dog not notice for you?

[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, TomsFocus said:

I've been working on mk2s and 2.5s for years and never noticed that crease was different before! 😮 

But now you've seen it, you cant unsee it lol.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2019 at 10:53 AM, WireyWhenWet said:

I can confirm that as above, as long as you find a door which doesn't have the plastic strip (and not just 'cos it was pinched!) You should be all fine and dandy.

I'm in the middle of a double door swap on my 2.5 also, and can tell you the hardest part out of everything is getting the rubber gaiter for the door wiring back together properly.. the rest is *fairly* straightforward, but if you have a Haynes (Much thanks to Dan P for that bit of info) itll be very very helpful as it has a pictorial on how to swap out the glass, should you need to. Other than that, just have a second person nearby to help out with aligning the door by holding it correct to match your front door lines, may take a couple of goes but it's easy enough.

How did your door swap go? We got our swapped but now our indicator on the wing mirror wont work. I think they have connected the wires and we used my wing mirror which we knew worked. We have MOT monday and have now been told this is a fail. So need to get it sorted ASAP. Any advise? 

On 4/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, TomsFocus said:

There are quite a few on eBay.  Not sure on your budget etc but if you search 'vision blue door' there are plenty on there.  Here's one with privacy glass and internals...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-ZETEC-COMPLETE-PASSENGER-SIDE-REAR-DOOR-VISION-BLUE-HDF/323773218665?hash=item4b62633f69:g:4-gAAOSwkIJcreru

We ended up going to Motorhog instead of thats scrap yard. They took two doors of a recently wrote of vehicle. Thanks for the advise warning me against the scrap yard door.

2 hours ago, mrsday26 said:

How did your door swap go? We got our swapped but now our indicator on the wing mirror wont work. I think they have connected the wires and we used my wing mirror which we knew worked. We have MOT monday and have now been told this is a fail. So need to get it sorted ASAP. Any advise? 

The indicator wiring is a plug just behind the tweeter and should just be a normal connection with no changes needed, was it definitely plugged in firmly (it hooks on to the cover itself if you struggle to fit things again), and where the door loom connects back up to the body, did both connectors in the body get plugged in? I've seen someone 'lose' one of the blocks back in the body work and forget to connect that up once, so may be worth a nosey. Otherwise, the only thing I can think is faulty bulb or trapped/nicked wire?

3 hours ago, WireyWhenWet said:

The indicator wiring is a plug just behind the tweeter and should just be a normal connection with no changes needed, was it definitely plugged in firmly (it hooks on to the cover itself if you struggle to fit things again), and where the door loom connects back up to the body, did both connectors in the body get plugged in? I've seen someone 'lose' one of the blocks back in the body work and forget to connect that up once, so may be worth a nosey. Otherwise, the only thing I can think is faulty bulb or trapped/nicked wire?

How do you get the tubing off? We have managed to get the thing off behind the wing mirror but cant get the tubing inbetween the doors down. Were stuck cus the guys who did the car doors cant fit it back in until Tuesday.  Thanks for your reply. 

If you're referring to the rubber gaiter that covers the wires that pulls out with a fair bit of force from the body and not the door part, but honestly mark where the bolts are on your door hinges to line it back up as to put it back on takes a good deal of effort, not something easily done with the door still attached! 2 weeks and I've not got around to properly fitting mine back yet. I mean, it's on and covers the wires, but not properly as it should from the factory. Probably a job for the next day or two for me I think!

21 hours ago, WireyWhenWet said:

If you're referring to the rubber gaiter that covers the wires that pulls out with a fair bit of force from the body and not the door part, but honestly mark where the bolts are on your door hinges to line it back up as to put it back on takes a good deal of effort, not something easily done with the door still attached! 2 weeks and I've not got around to properly fitting mine back yet. I mean, it's on and covers the wires, but not properly as it should from the factory. Probably a job for the next day or two for me I think!

Thank you. Thats probably the problem. We have the door on still....we have checked behind the wing mirror connection but nothing wrong that end so it must be in the gaiter or they have lost a wire somewhere. Great. Thank you. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club