Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 1.8tdci limp mode

Focustdcighia

I’ve just bought a 2006 1.8tdci with 150,000 on the clock and I was driving at 70mph and went to activate cruise control, which has worked well so far, but it wouldn’t work, a red light then began to intermittently flash and a engine fault warning was displayed on the digital screen, every couple of seconds it would lose power then it would go back to normal, I turned the engine off then back on and it has seemed to resolve the issue for now but I’m not sure what may have caused it and I would like to get it sorted before going on a long journey. Any ideas/ similar experiences would be useful. Thanks.

if it was mine I would put a fault code reader on it to see if any fault codes registered. Don't know if you have had a Focus mk2 before or read up on them. A lot of them have problems with the soldering within the speedo console / instrument cluster which has computer chips in which can affect a whole multitude of things including intermittent faults

• Like 1

Ok thank you my mate has a fault code reader so I’ll go and see if it throws up any codes 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club