Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Duratorq 180PS cuts out on acelleration

laserhalen

Hi,

As usual i don't want to make a war and peace post here but I also don't want to miss out any relevant detail. 2016 4x4 Kuga 180 Automatic with i believe the PSA engine on 95000 miles. For the last 4 months it has this intermittent problem whereby it cuts out completely upon acceleration from about the 2800 to 3100rpm range. You don't have to accelerate agressively, steady acceleration going up a hill will do it. Engine just switches off in an instant. You have to pull over and stop completely and cycle the ignition before trying to start again. There is never an issue restarting as long as you cycle the ignition - if you don't it will just turn over and over without starting.

Error codes are attached. P2051 and P228C i guess are the most relevant but I attached all that i got most recently in case..

High pressure fuel pump has been replaced. Fuel filter replaced, Fuel tank dropped and cleaned out. Throttle body has been replaced.

3 weeks ago the throttle body was switched with a 2017 Kuga with no issues just to try it. it then went for a 200km drive without issue, we thought we found the problem so we bought a new throttle body (FoMoCo PN 9806625280) reset/relearned with ForScan but the issue persists. 

Later today i will do a leak-down test on the injectors.

I'm running out of options. and patience! any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kuga_P228C - Fuel Pressure Reg A Exceeded low limit.jpg

Kuga_P0251 - Injection pump fuel metering.jpg

Kuga_U0010 - Medium speed CAN Comms.jpg

Kuga_P02FA - Intake air flow position sensor.jpg

hi all, any ideas on the above?

since posting the above I tried a new fuel filter (changed the complete housing).

Tried to do the leak-off but hadn't got the correct fittings. We've ordered a new set of leak-off pipes so when they arrive i'm going to use the connectors from the old set to do the test.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2024 at 10:43 AM, laserhalen said:

hi all, any ideas on the above?

since posting the above I tried a new fuel filter (changed the complete housing).

Tried to do the leak-off but hadn't got the correct fittings. We've ordered a new set of leak-off pipes so when they arrive i'm going to use the connectors from the old set to do the test.

Did you resolve this issue I have same problem thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club