Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Passenger Compartment Fuse Box

ianincheshire

Has anyone found where this is ?

The manual says below the Glove compartment. I've removed the clips and dropped the felt down but can't see any fuse box.

Its below the glovebox. You pull back the carpet and its underneath.

Thanks, never tried pulling back the carpet!. I expected it to be behind the felt panel held by the push clips.

I don't think you need to pull the carpet back. If you remove the plastic clips holding the felt in place and remove the felt there should be a black plastic cover plate that is contoured to fit the shape of the bulkhead. Remove this by pulling it towards you (it is held in with clips) and the Fusebox will be revealed.

Well mine is behind the carpet in the foot well as per the handbook

Thanks for the help guys, I finally found it.😀

Seems you both were partially right. On my car there's a black plastic plate covering the top edge of the carpet which as @Tizer says, is clipped to the fusebox. Close inspection of the cover does show a Fuse symbol on it. You don't actually have to remove the felt at all, just unclip the cover plate and there's the fusebox.

• Like 2

Pleased you found it @ianincheshire. Thinking back I did remove the felt and pulled the carpet down a bit because I wanted to find an earth point to check the power supply to my Audio unit.

• 6 months later...

How did you actually unclip the plastic cover as mine doesn’t seem to have any visible clips or latches to release it... and I’m not confident in pulling it in case I break it.

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, PompeyLad said:

How did you actually unclip the plastic cover as mine doesn’t seem to have any visible clips or latches to release it... and I’m not confident in pulling it in case I break it.

Thanks in advance!

Just slip your fingers behind it and pull it outwards. 

• 6 months later...

Which fuse can be piggybacked to connect a dashcam?.....any fuse I looked at seemed different shape... Cheers

Fuse 3       micro2 type

• 1 month later...

Sorry to jump in, I'm trying to hard wire my dashcam into my mk4 focus estate, but I can't find a suitable ground in the passenger footwell. What did you use?

There are a couple of screws near the fuse board you can put a spade or eye connector under for the earth.

Thanks, I spotted those but wasn't convinced they'd work as they looked painted and I couldn't see what they were screwed into behind. I'll give it a go tonight!

• 10 months later...
On 8/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, Comares2001 said:

Fuse 3       micro2 type

Get this man a medal. Or statue or something. Been looking the correct fuse to tap for about 2 hours. Not all hero's wear capes people.

6 minutes ago, Hunter9o5 said:

Been looking the correct fuse to tap for about 2 hours

Let me know how it goes for you. The ignition controlled circuit I connected my dashcam to turns 'Off' when the start/stop system kicks in and stops the engine. I've been meaning to change it to another fuse for months but haven't got around to it yet. My start/stop system no longer works so its not really a problem anymore but still I should change the dashcam over to the correct fuse.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, unofix said:

Let me know how it goes for you. The ignition controlled circuit I connected my dashcam to turns 'Off' when the start/stop system kicks in and stops the engine. I've been meaning to change it to another fuse for months but haven't got around to it yet. My start/stop system no longer works so its not really a problem anymore but still I should change the dashcam over to the correct fuse.

Sorry my man I only saw this today, it works well. I used it to retrofit footwell lights and it works perfectly

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club