Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm / Not locked Horn sound / Tailgate MK8

tef89
聽Share

Hi all, just wondered if this was happening to anyone else:

About a month ago we started noticing the alarm would sound the horn once on locking, indicating an open door / tailgate.

First few times just assumed we hadn't closed the tailgate properly but now it's randomly happening even when I'm sure it's closed properly.

A quick open / close fixes it till the next time.聽 Anyone else ? Or am I lucky 馃榿

I was getting the same problem with my new Focus. I wound in the two rubber Bump stops by a quarter turn and it has not happened since.聽

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

I was getting the same problem with my new Focus. I wound in the two rubber Bump stops by a quarter turn and it has not happened since.聽

Thanks Tizer, I'll given that a try.

Just checked the rubber bungs on the tailgate and they were super tight already with no room to tighten them any further.

In fact, it's one twist to the left and they come off, one twist to the right and they 'lock' into place.

Sorry for the misinformation @tef89, just checked and the ones on the Fiesta are not adjustable.

6 hours ago, Tizer said:

Sorry for the misinformation @tef89, just checked and the ones on the Fiesta are not adjustable.

No worries 馃檪聽 I appreciate you trying to help m8.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club