Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Zetec 65 Plate - Several Problems

Winchester

Hi All 

Hoping some of you helpful folk will be able to point me in the right direction. 

Last week I had some work carried out on my 65 plate Ford Focus Zetec 1.0 EcoBoost. A new Master Cylinder was fitted due to brake/clutch fluid leaking into the drivers footwell, a local independent garage did the work for me for £150 and i haven't noticed any other leaks so far, fingers crossed 🤞

Now, what i have is several problems which all seem to be electrical related but can't be sure and before i take it to my local ford dealer wanted to see if anyone else has had these problems. 

1. Hill start Assist is not available - i get the warning flash up on the dash with this message and hill start will not engage, i cannot even select it within the trip computer on the dash. 
  2. Stop/Start - will not engage - regardless of the car being idle or any other driving condition it has not engaged since i got the car back. 
  3. Traction Control - the light on the cluster is lit with with the squiggly line underneath the car, i have tried to enable it through the trip computer but i cannot even select it and it is unticked. 
  4. Power steering - when starting the car up, the steering wheel is very very heavy, to the point i cannot turn the wheel, after 10 seconds or so the steering wheel goes back to being smooth.
  5. Fuel economy?? - i'm not sure whether this is actually a problem but the car seems to be using more petrol than before, im not sure whether this is because of the stop/start not working or whether i'm just looking into it too much. 

So far that's it! Hopefully!! 

If any of you have heard of this or know what the fault may be would love to hear back. A couple people i have spoken to said they think it is all electrical related and i'm hoping its something simple but don't want to take it to ford dealer to land a huge bill!. 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club