Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Kuga Advice

notfocused

Hi All,

Looking to p/x my 2016 Titanium X Focus for a new Kuga ST-Line Edition.

Went through the spec at the dealership, but with the news that they have now stopped building Kugas to spec I'm a little uneased.

The 'new' cars available are those that have been built but not yet registered.

I had my heart set on a KUGA ST-Line Edition, but it seems rare to have one with the TECHNOLOGY PACK addition (this includes the rear cam, upgraded sound and bi-xenon lights).

Coming from a Titanium X, I love the rear camera. does it seem like such a let down to get on without? the dealer did offer me a better price to compensate but feel unsure. Are the non bi-xenon lights decent? any suggestions?

I would question that with another dealer, if youngo to the ford site and the build a kuga option you can spec what you want and send to a dealer.

It's cos there's a new Kuga coming supposedly at the end of the year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

It's cos there's a new Kuga coming supposedly at the end of the year.

The Ford website shows the new Kuga as "2019" and various mags are saying November/December release, so it should be hitting showrooms shortly. The current version would be available from stock only by now. Could be worth posting your desired spec to dealers as Pete suggests. Theoretically any dealer should be able to locate what's in the system, but I've experienced instances of dealers "hiding" a desirable model.

• Like 1

apparently, there's a new KUGA 2019 model (not the Hybrid model due soon) that differs from last years models. it's a tad bit wider....or something?

ie. the ST-Line X has been replaced by the ST-Line Edition,....

basically want the standard stuff that comes with the ST-Line Edition, or the previous models ST-Line X

19' 5x2 spoke alloys in black - I know the ride is harder but im all about looks lol

Pan sunroof 

nav

Bi xenon (not sure what the standard headlights are tbh)

Rear cam (defo must have. as its a bigger can and parking on street is terrible....most times the sensors are long beep, but can still see the actual distance)

things not so bothered about:

keyless, heated seats, kick tailgate thing

34 minutes ago, notfocused said:

apparently, there's a new KUGA 2019 model (not the Hybrid model due soon) that differs from last years models. it's a tad bit wider....or something

There are illustrations and a small amount of info about the new model (which looks like a bigger version of the new Puma to me) on the Ford UK website, but it's not on the configurator and price list/brochure is not yet available. The new one is apparently about 44mm wider and 89 mm longer than the outgoing version.There is also some advance information on various motoring journal websites (eg Autocar, Auto Express, etc). 

At the moment though, it's a case of try and find an existing model close to your desired spec in stock somewhere, or wait for more info on the new one (which will be available with normal petrol/diesel engines as well as various petrol/diesel hybrids including plug-in).

12 hours ago, notfocused said:

apparently, there's a new KUGA 2019 model (not the Hybrid model due soon) that differs from last years models. it's a tad bit wider....or something?

ie. the ST-Line X has been replaced by the ST-Line Edition,....

basically want the standard stuff that comes with the ST-Line Edition, or the previous models ST-Line X

19' 5x2 spoke alloys in black - I know the ride is harder but im all about looks lol

Pan sunroof 

nav

Bi xenon (not sure what the standard headlights are tbh)

Rear cam (defo must have. as its a bigger can and parking on street is terrible....most times the sensors are long beep, but can still see the actual distance)

things not so bothered about:

keyless, heated seats, kick tailgate thing

forgot to include the kit (inc. spoiler)

when I last spoke to the dealer, they said they don't have any matching tat spec. would it likely be a differen case going to a different ford dealership (ie do they all pull from the same stock, etc)

will speak to the guy later this afternoon so hopefully get somewhere....

• 2 weeks later...

…..any thoughts on the 2020 kuga model?

I personally am not a fan (may grow on me..??) but i'm sure the prices on this model will drop once the new ones released

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 7:29 PM, Big stu said:

Sounds like you want mine b14be337c7b5a351c0895196092e2025.jpg

haha!... too right.. looks like i'll be picking up one of these this weekend - in Chrome Blue

I did spec a new shape Kuga, but with the hydbrid (and spec) works out just under 40k.

the stLine X im getting is 2019  at 21k......no brainer and im sure i'll pickup a hybrid within the next 3-4  years anyway

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look at the new 2020 hybrid.  Can't say i like the front end - rear looks good but not sure what Ford were thinking with that front styling but then i'm not a fan of the mk4 focus either. It doesn't look much higher than a car tbh so not sure about the SUV bit either.....  The current Kuga looks good.  What are others thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw my first New Kuga yesterday, it's not a pile different from the existing, the roof is only 7mm lower (I was concerned that it was going to be too "car like", but sitting in it, front and back it feels pretty much the same.  I'm 6' 3" and with the drivers seat in my position I had plenty of leg and headroom in the  rear too... Not bothered by the front end, and it doesn't look as extreme in the flesh as it has in pics...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club