Alex.S

it just has the vehicle details on it, 

nickname -

license plate - 

base warranty - (which is blank)

vin - 

odometer - 

theres nothing else on that page at all no subrsciptions menu or anything

Sounds like app hasn't synced with modem to receive data. I would consider doing a master reset of the sync3 and starting again. Settings/ general

ok thanks I will give it a try and start over again, fingers crossed can get it working 🙂

cheers for help ill report back 

ok - so just redone everything- turned off hotspot 

master reset of the sync

deleted the app

started afresh, got past the pending stage and approval, I can now lock and unlock the car via the app

but still the live traffic is greyed out, there is no option to add this anywhere that I can see, neither on the app or on sync, exactly the same issue as the guy who created the thread

I do have the little up and down arrows in the top right corner which seems to suggest its connected, but live traffic is just dark greyed out with no option to swipe etc

do I need to be near wi-fi at home or work to get the ball moving with it or something?

If I remember you need the wifi connection open initially for the app to sync up with the car.

It certainly does communicate with it if you leave the app running which is why I and others stop the app after use as it can run in the background potentially causing car battery drain.

ok cool will try it with the wifi connected then also

just to note on a colleagues kuga - on her app she has the option on the app itself to enable live traffic in a list of options, which im assuming I should have, mines doesn't have that option there at all, you can either enable or disable it in the app on hers

Once it’s sorted you’ll have ‘Subscription ‘ at the bottom of the list on the app. Click on that , it’ll show u have live traffic.

Ford Pass Connect Support and your dealership will simply tell you to uninstall then reinstall then master reset or/and soft reset. None of which worked for me or my local Ford master technician. 

BTW Dave I’ve replied to u. 

Anyone else with the same issue, mine was sorted by disconnecting the battery

9 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

If I remember you need the wifi connection open initially for the app to sync up with the car.

It certainly does communicate with it if you leave the app running which is why I and others stop the app after use as it can run in the background potentially causing car battery drain.

This is definitely an IT issue. I’d think the app, even left running in phone wouldn’t noticeably drain the battery. What is it doing that would drain the battery? It doesn’t flatten the phone battery. 🤔 

btw I turn mine off every time it’s been used but I don’t believe that’s necessary! 

I had exactly the same issue,  live traffic greyed out and no subscription on ford pass. 

After contacting ford through the app with no joy went to main dealer and the master technician contacted ford and eventually got it sorted.

As a side note ,on my car ,I had put on a private reg and don't know if that had messed things up. But working on car now and subscription now showing in app.

Only issue with app now is handbook is showing ,some error with "cleartext not permitted ".

21 hours ago, Didzy said:

ok cool will try it with the wifi connected then also

just to note on a colleagues kuga - on her app she has the option on the app itself to enable live traffic in a list of options, which im assuming I should have, mines doesn't have that option there at all, you can either enable or disable it in the app on hers

Screenshot_2019-12-05-11-51-54.png

Screenshot_2019-12-05-11-52-46.png

Didzy ☝️ that’s what you’ll see when it’s sorted.

hey alex 

yep I have all of those listed - bar subsriptions, its like its missing from my list/car , I have vehicle support, then the remove vehicle button, no subscriptions in between

maddave - would be interesting to know how your dealer sorted this out, id love to know how to get it sorted  

thanks for the pics and replies, least its clear im missing the subscriptions thing in the list now, assume once I get that on the list it all works perfectly as it should

Hi Didzy , master technician contacted fordpass direct using email address in the fordpass "fpgbr@ford.com". Shortly after, subscription appeared in fordpass and live traffic started working in car.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Didzy said:

hey alex 

yep I have all of those listed - bar subsriptions, its like its missing from my list/car , I have vehicle support, then the remove vehicle button, no subscriptions in between

maddave - would be interesting to know how your dealer sorted this out, id love to know how to get it sorted  

thanks for the pics and replies, least its clear im missing the subscriptions thing in the list now, assume once I get that on the list it all works perfectly as it should

I’m assuming that didn’t work? I wouldn’t be surprised if the ford pass people can do something from their end 🤔. They told me they were having issues with Android (this was a couple of weeks ago) mines Android and works. Did u call them? 

On 12/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Alex.S said:

I’m assuming that didn’t work? I wouldn’t be surprised if the ford pass people can do something from their end 🤔. They told me they were having issues with Android (this was a couple of weeks ago) mines Android and works. Did u call them? 

hey alex

sorry for not reporting back - I have lodged a email and call back from the email provided, but still had no real response, they just replied with does the locking system work remotely, and then it says another 72 hours to hear back...pretty useless so far!

but my dad has the same car and never used his at all has he doesn't have a smart phone! so I logged his car into the app exactly the same way I did mine, initially the live traffic was still greyed out, then I went back on to the app and instantly his had subsrciptions in the listing on the app! clicked on that that and it was live, went into the sync menu and suddenly it was able to be swiped blue like the rest above! so his worked and I set it up just the same (only difference is his car is already a year old)!

so basically for whatever reason its just like the subscription on mine just hasn't been enabled, no idea why, how or if the goons at fordpass will even offer it

everything else works (well locking doors sporadically works, but it does work most of the time so it is enabled) 

32 minutes ago, Didzy said:

so basically for whatever reason its just like the subscription on mine just hasn't been enabled, no idea why, how or if the goons at fordpass will even offer it

Dave

i thought the exact same when mine wouldn’t work. That it hadn’t been enabled or the vin number wasn’t on the correct list or something.  I’m 100% sure that’s not the case. I know you’ve called and emailed, did u call the number I gave you? I got through to someone straight away, a lot of it was common sense ..reinstall , remove vehicle etc. I’m sure you’ve tried all of that several times , it’s frustrating to say the least. I guess all you can do is talk to the FordPass people and your local Ford technician (cause they know what they’re doing! 🙄 )  hopefully that eureka moment will come soon. 

• 2 months later...

Did any of the users who got stuck on the Android App activating the cars modem have a working workaround i could try on my focus 4 pls?  Had to reset the Sync 3 and mob apps but since doing that ive not been able to pass the Fordpass app activation screen as the botton doesnt work and the modem wont activate because the apps not passing the activate vehicle stage??

Any ideas i can try?

Hi all, So ive run into the unable to pass the Fordpass connect android app activation screen which from what ive read is what also enables an inactive / disabled modem?  But the Activate button in the android app wont press at all so im stuck at this point so far.  Any ideas before i take back under warantee??  Fordpass team says its not comunicated with the servers for a while so they couldnt help and asked to take to my dealer?

Would love to hear if anyone has similar issue to me and worked out how to pass the activate vehicle screen?

40 minutes ago, JDK said:

Hi all, So ive run into the unable to pass the Fordpass connect android app activation screen which from what ive read is what also enables an inactive / disabled modem?  But the Activate button in the android app wont press at all so im stuck at this point so far.  Any ideas before i take back under warantee??  Fordpass team says its not comunicated with the servers for a while so they couldnt help and asked to take to my dealer?

Would love to hear if anyone has similar issue to me and worked out how to pass the activate vehicle screen?

You’ll see earlier in this thread I had the same issue, long story short, Ford technician disconnected the battery for a while then it connected. I thought to begin with it was the modem not working. I don’t think that had anything to do with it, more the old IT trick ..off and on again. 

LOL ill take that into consideration, will disconnecting the battery knock any other services out doing so or will everything still be in MEM on boot up?

Also read another post that suggested connecting the car and phone to the same WIFI for internet first so they both sync up online so the app can then activate the modem once there synced up so was also going to try that again as i have already tried with my car on my phones Mob hotspot for net connectivity but it didnt seem to work.  Seeing as im still in warrantee and also have a parking sensor prob ill book it in for a look at after my hols!.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by JDK
added
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JDK said:

LOL ill take that into consideration, will disconnecting the battery knock any other services out doing so or will everything still be in MEM on boot up?

Didn’t for me. That’s my disclaimer there. Lol 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club