Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55
聽Share

Just realized I haven't got a USB drive large enough to hold the 22gb map files 馃が

Cancel that, after having a good search in the drawer found one 馃ぃ

15 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Is that the actual file downloaded from the Ford site, or from a 3rd party site

It鈥檚 the link I was offered by the Ford site.聽

Its Fords CDN on Microsoft鈥檚 azure cloud.聽

• Like 1

Excellent news - finally.

Will update later (out on my bike now 馃檪 )

Is there any reduction to the number of annoying pop ups that must be acknowledged on screen every time the car is started?

This is the link if you don鈥檛 want to wait for it to come back up:

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/owner-package/10507861069573772965/Map_22631088687_Update.zip

Just to confirm, that is exactly the same map update link I was offered yesterday, having completed the app update and uploaded the log file

Silly question. I am little worried about doing the update. If for any reason it fails does it have any fail safe? Would it just reset to the original firmware? Also, I originally read sometime ago that you should keep the engine running to do updates?

do you download聽and install Alex link in the same way as the 3.4 update?

download, open zip, transfer to usb (exfat) install in car.........聽

Just now, Andyr55 said:

Yeah but it鈥檚 a 3 stage update. It will auto reboot after the first stage. It will ask you to power off the car and back on for the final stage then tell you to remove the usb.聽

Mine took 2 hours so save it for a long trip or be prepared to have the car sat on the drive running for a while. Remember that the car will shut the engine off after it鈥檚 been stationary for about 20-30 mins and you have to be there to override the message (it only shows for 30s before shut off).聽

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

Is there another way?

Just now, whitecarman said:

Is there another way?

Wait for it to be pushed via WiFi if you鈥檝e got that setup.聽

1 minute ago, whitecarman said:

Is there another way?

it was a civilized question from someone who is not an expert........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Wait for it to be pushed via WiFi if you鈥檝e got that setup.聽

thanks Alex.

better than USB or no difference.

my 3.4 update over wifi was pretty easy.

Something you may not be aware of, update 20136 has a bug in it that defaults the display to radio mode when playing music from USB. This has now been fixed with a later update, which I鈥檝e just installed using the Cyanlabs method, complete with the new version of F9 maps. As a bonus this version also shows radio station logos too, without having to use Forscan to enable them.

Added bonus too, it only took just over an hour, as I鈥檓 nearly out of warranty I took the plunge and did it, although I have a 2018 Fiesta the systems are pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You don鈥檛 need forscan. It鈥檚 just that you need a newer version of the dab logos. My biggest issue with cyan labs is that it completely wipes and reformat a instead of updating like ford packages do. It鈥檚 a very brute force way of doing it.聽

I never had the usb bug on 20136.聽

I do have a double skip bug using the controls under the display on 20196 though. Main reason I鈥檓 sticking with it is because I much prefer the new audio screen layout.聽

You don鈥檛 need forscan. It鈥檚 just that you need a newer version of the dab logos. My biggest issue with cyan labs is that it completely wipes and reformat a instead of updating like ford packages do. It鈥檚 a very brute force way of doing it.聽

I never had the usb bug on 20136.聽

I do have a double skip bug using the controls under the display on 20196 though. Main reason I鈥檓 sticking with it is because I much prefer the new audio screen layout.聽

Having read earlier posts about DAB displays I was lead to believe that Forscan was needed to enable them, as I鈥檝e a 2018 Fiesta, I was pretty sure that I鈥檇 never get them (not the end of the world), but nonetheless it鈥檚 one of those things that鈥檚 nice to have.

1 minute ago, Jollyandy said:

Having read earlier posts about DAB displays I was lead to believe that Forscan was needed to enable them, as I鈥檝e a 2018 Fiesta, I was pretty sure that I鈥檇 never get them (not the end of the world), but nonetheless it鈥檚 one of those things that鈥檚 nice to have.

If you鈥檝e never had dab logos you need for scan to turn them on, regardless of using official packages or cyan labs.聽But if logos disappear you just need to update the dab logo package.聽

If you鈥檝e never had dab logos you need for scan to turn them on, regardless of using official packages or cyan labs.聽But if logos disappear you just need to update the dab logo package.聽

Thanks Alex! [emoji1303][emoji3]

So just applied the update, and uploaded the XML file - F9 maps available immediately and now downloading. Estimated 46 minutes remaining. Just time to do the shopping 馃檪

15 minutes ago, tonycollinet said:

So just applied the update, and uploaded the XML file - F9 maps available immediately and now downloading. Estimated 46 minutes remaining. Just time to do the shopping 馃檪

This is what annoys me with things like this. Installed the update last night and did the XML file upload, still no maps update even though it tells me there is one in my Ford account. When I click on it, it just tells me that my software is up to date and doesn't check for maps. Yet yours happened straight away.聽

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

This is what annoys me with things like this. Installed the update last night and did the XML file upload, still no maps update even though it tells me there is one in my Ford account. When I click on it, it just tells me that my software is up to date and doesn't check for maps. Yet yours happened straight away.聽

I agree 100% , really pees me off.聽 I'm in exactly the same situation as you, Ford account says maps available website says not.

ok

the system just loaded file 4U5T 14G422 BAE over WIFI in the car. I'm guessing this is the maps file for my car?

when i check the system I'm still on F7. file states install completed.

have i missed something (again)

2 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

ok

the system just loaded file 4U5T 14G422 BAE over WIFI in the car. I'm guessing this is the maps file for my car?

when i check the system I'm still on F7. file states install completed.

have i missed something (again)

No that鈥檚 just one of the map voice files. There are about a dozen files it has to download for the map update. It will take some time. Usually they update overnight so finish by the time you need the car again.聽

last question.

so even though the download in the car has finished. took 1.5 hrs. the files will be installing in the background?

so tomorrow Ill be on F9聽馃榿

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Yeah but it鈥檚 a 3 stage update. It will auto reboot after the first stage. It will ask you to power off the car and back on for the final stage then tell you to remove the usb.聽

Mine took 2 hours so save it for a long trip or be prepared to have the car sat on the drive running for a while. Remember that the car will shut the engine off after it鈥檚 been stationary for about 20-30 mins and you have to be there to override the message (it only shows for 30s before shut off).聽

So after downloading your link and extracting to USB theres just the 2 folders "syncMyRide" and "autoinstall.lst" is this correct ?

10 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

How long does it take to update via usb

The map update to me about 2 hrs. The system update about 20-30 mins.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club