Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Ingress

Elijah

I have a 2013 Focus Z Tec, bought from new and maintained regularly by dealer.  Never had any problems until this year when the door seal rubbers started to fall off.  Car went back twice to re-affix then because they had deteriorated I had to buy three new rubbers (cost about £300 !)  Then have now been back twice to be re-fixed. 

Last week picked up my handbag from car floor and it was soaking wet.  Phoned and booked car in but could not see it until today.   I had hoped to keep on driving it (I am disabled and cannot get about without it, although it was not a motability car).  Today I was told that I need 4 vents replaced - they could take a day or two to arrive and then I have to wait for a technician to fit them.  Apparently the sealant can fail on the vents.

This is not meant to be a long moan, but I am really disappointed as it is the first car I have ever bought new and expected something better after 6 years.   When I spoke to the parts dept at Ford about getting the parts he said this is the second one he has had to order for the same date car in last couple of weeks.

I probably would not have joined this forum had I not seen a car so similar to mine and with a very similar number plate driving along with all four door rubbers dragging in the road ! 

I wonder if this has been a common problem ?  Does anyone think the door rubber problem could have affected the vents ?  Are the attached with same stuff rubber is attached with ? Mileage 41,000.

Grateful for any comments - sorry if this is a repeat of someone else but I have searched site and cannot find anything.

Pretty much every Focus from 2013 has the door rubbers hanging off at least one side. Not sure the best way to resolve, but I can certainly confirm it’s a very, very common fault in that model. 

@Elijah The door rubbers are just stuck on and I have seen them falling off before as you have. 

The vents you’re talking about are behind the back bumper. The rubber around them seems to loose it’s spring a bit over time and they rattle and let water past. The water runs down behind the rear light and then over the vents where some will flow in. The cheapest, easiest and probably longest lasting fix would be to find an independent garage to remove the vents and use some sealant around them.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, Matt92 said:

@Elijah The cheapest, easiest and probably longest lasting fix would be to find an independent garage to remove the vents and use some sealant around them.

I agree about using a decent independent garage. Ford dealers often have posh marble floors, and expensive coffee machines  you pay for that! Get a local recommendation and save yourself a fortune...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club