Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 TSB 19B36 brake booster Software

Jay035

Hi guys I've checked on the ford recall website for my mk4 St line 1.5 auto and it is showing the following recall. 

'Electronic brake booster Software' 

Has anyone had this or any idea what this is? 

Electric brake boosters aim to reduce the amount of pedal pressure needed for braking. They use a sensor in the brake pedal to read driver's actions and are progressively replacing mechanical vacuum brake booster systems. So I imagine the software has an issue hence the TSB.

Hi. I have the same recall, I'm planning to go this week to the dealer to fix it. Do you know how long this process takes?

Good question il ring the dealer this afternoon and report back 

Interesting! I have a 1.5 manual Titanium, built Dec18 and mine isnt showing any outstanding TSB actions...

I took my car in today for a convenience check and whilst I was there I was informed that it also required the following update:

19B36 - FOCUS - ELECTRONIC BRAKE BOOSTER – SOFTWARE

However, I was informed by the senior mechanic that they were currently having a problem with a customer’s car not successfully accepting the update and are in contact with ford about the problem.

In view of this he suggested that rather than attempting the update today that I arrange for my car to be booked in later in the week.

As I didn’t want to risk any problems over the Christmas period we agreed that it would be ok for me to book it in early in the New Year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

Interesting! I have a 1.5 manual Titanium, built Dec18 and mine isnt showing any outstanding TSB actions...

Only relevant to the autos

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Focus Vignale, Mar 19 reg and got greeted with the warning spanner icon and loss of power while I was driving. I basically cannot drive past 20mph now or above 2000 RPM. Got the AA guy to take a look and he wasnt able to figure out what was wrong with it. And with it being Xmas, I'll have to wait to get to the service centre. 

I also just happened to connect to the FordPass app and can now see that my vehicle has been issued the same warning as Jay:

And am being advised to book a visit to the dealership.

I've had my update, in and out again in no time and with a couple of other bits being looked at. Probably a while you wait job.

2019 Ford Focus ST Line X 182 Auto.

fantastic, replace a sensible, reliable mechanical bit, for a piece of crap that doesn't work....   designed to fail anybody?

I just wrote to DVSA about this rubbish failing on Old E class merc's leaving you with no brakes after a pre determined (n software) time limit.....

On 12/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, PLB said:

I took my car in today for a convenience check and whilst I was there I was informed that it also required the following update:

However, I was informed by the senior mechanic that they were currently having a problem with a customer’s car not successfully accepting the update and are in contact with ford about the problem.

In view of this he suggested that rather than attempting the update today that I arrange for my car to be booked in later in the week.

As I didn’t want to risk any problems over the Christmas period we agreed that it would be ok for me to book it in early in the New Year.

Just contacted my dealer as planned with a view of booking my car in for the ‘19B36 - FOCUS - ELECTRONIC BRAKE BOOSTER – SOFTWARE’ update.

However, I was surprised to be told that they were still having problems with a customer’s car not successfully accepting the update.

Although they said it may be a one off problem with that car I said I would prefer to contact them in a couple of weeks as I didn’t want to run the risk of “Computer Saying No” to the update on my car. :unsure: :rolleyes:

BMW have issues with some dealers not able to code.... whilst other never do - usually the anti-virus software the garage are using disagrees with the way BMW want to do stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

I finally took my car in yesterday for the 19B36 - FOCUS - ELECTRONIC BRAKE BOOSTER – SOFTWARE update and I’m pleased to say all went without a hitch.

Having said that, they still have a customer’s car in that’s still not accepting the update, although apparently Ford has provided him with a replacement car whilst they investigate.

As mentioned earlier it only affects autos.

img20200108_15425557.jpg

Had mine done last Wednesday. The complimentary wash and vacuum took longer than the fix!

On 12/16/2019 at 12:40 PM, Jay035 said:

I had updates done back in November when it was in to get the FordPass app working. I used that link (cheers) says “no campaign messages found” Does that mean I’ve had the necessary updates already? 

Ford Etis describes my car as Focus 2018-, 1.5L Dragon (175/180PS), Desert Island Blue.

It’s a 69 plate , no idea what Dragon means? 

On 1/22/2020 at 11:37 PM, Alex.S said:

I had updates done back in November when it was in to get the FordPass app working. I used that link (cheers) says “no campaign messages found” Does that mean I’ve had the necessary updates already? 

Ford Etis describes my car as Focus 2018-, 1.5L Dragon (175/180PS), Desert Island Blue.

Dragon is the Ford internal name for the 1.5l 3cyl EcoBoost engine.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 11:37 PM, Alex.S said:

Ford Etis describes my car as Focus 2018-, 1.5L Dragon (150PS/200PS), Shadow Black (Mica)

200PS, yes please. I wish. :biggrin:

BTW, anyone know what the (Mica) stands for? 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, PLB said:

BTW, anyone know what the (Mica) stands for?

Mica is the paint type and is another name for what used to be called Pearlescent paint. The paint  has tiny particles in it that give it that distinctive look, a bit like Metallic paint but unlike Metallic they are not Aluminium. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have had software update done today took about 30 minutes 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club