Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.0TDCi 140 gearbox fix costs

DaveBM

I have a 62 plate Mondeo 2.0TDCi 140 with a 6 speed manual gearbox.  It has developed a fault in 4th gear where it grinds when I try select it (upshift or downshift).  It does this even if I double clutch, so I think it is the gear itself rather than the sync.  The other gears are fine.  Any rough idea on how much the fix would cost?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 3 months later...

I have a 62 plate Mondeo 2.0TDCi 140 with a 6 speed manual gearbox.  It has developed a fault in 4th gear where it grinds when I try select it (upshift or downshift).  It does this even if I double clutch, so I think it is the gear itself rather than the sync.  The other gears are fine.  Any rough idea on how much the fix would cost?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Try changing gear without clutch. So for upshift from 3rd, take revs to around 3000 ish. Then try to select 4th as revs drop. Or downshift, 5th. Put a rev in. Approx 15-1800 ish. Attempt selecting 4th. Should slide into gear ok. If it does, then u know its a . synco issue.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Try adjusting the gear linkage on gearbox, pop bonnet and on top of gearbox your find the cables.  There's a whiteish coller on one of the cables, lift up but don't remove with a screwdriver and the select 4th with gearstick.  Back under bonnet, repress the college.