Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss of power

Ryan90

Evening

Proud owner for Ford Focus 2012 1.0 ecoboost 125 (NOT)

Car has done 122000 miles, in recent years its had a new CAT, new oil pump, coolant pipe and front suspension (CAT being the most recent)

the car seems to go in limp mode when I’m not keeping it in high revs. Turbo seems to go say if I’m in 4th at 2500rpm with foot to the floor

if someone would kindly pop round and burn the car will be greatly appreciated 

any ideas? 

the air hoses and turbo hoses have been checked by 2 different mechanics 

ive read could be throttle body, brake vacuum pump, cracked turbo valve.

no dtc codes so in the dark and I don’t want to be spending ANYMORE money for it not to fix straight away

HELP 

15 minutes ago, Ryan90 said:

f someone would kindly pop round and burn the car will be greatly appreciated 

That made me chuckle....!

Don't know much about the ecoboost but someone will be along shortly who does........  Hope you get sorted 🙂 

Managed to get these codes up when the car has loss of power (limp mode/no turbo) 

60B755B1-CE49-4E2C-BD55-789D5C95D4F7.jpeg

I’ve got a quote for a turbo, I’m worried when I get it done it won’t fix the issue.

Reluctant to take it to ford for diagnosis to say they can’t find a fault 

Hi Ryan, this may not be helpful to yourself but thought I’d share my experience, I have a 2016 fiesta Ecoboost and last year mine was suffering with power loss, at first I thought yes it’s the turbo but after taking it to the garage they said ‘we are going to run a pressure test on it overnight as we can’t find what is wrong with it’. Next day they called and they explained that they had found a coolant leak from in the radiator??? They found the part that was damaged and leaking replaced it and it’s been fine ever since, hope this gives you more info and maybe helps..... - M

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club