Do Not Sell My Personal Information

replacing a door

pacman1500

I have a Ford Focus 2007 sport 1.8 and my passenger side door is very badly dented.  I have found a potential replacement door online however the door is from the 5 door version of the model.  Will this door fit even though I have a 3 door version?  Thanks

Afraid not. The doors of the 5 door are shorter than the 3 door.

the difference is not small, there is quite a difference in the door length.  if you think where the door post is on a 5 door car, and then think how much further back the door post is on a three door car, it needs to be further back to allow the rear seat passengers some room to get out. 

On 2/5/2020 at 8:04 PM, pacman1500 said:

I have a Ford Focus 2007 sport 1.8 and my passenger side door is very badly dented.  I have found a potential replacement door online however the door is from the 5 door version of the model.  Will this door fit even though I have a 3 door version?  Thanks

You posted this again and got an answer why are you duplicating posts?

It's not a duplicate. It's two different questions.

• Like 1

You had the answer from Eric Bloodaxe last Wednesday and still you went and bought the wrong size without even comparing them when it arrived, its your own fault that you wasted your time.

Afraid not. The doors of the 5 door are shorter than the 3 door.

2 hours ago, eddie eastwood said:

still you went and bought the wrong size without even comparing them when it arrived,

Unless I've missed something (often happens!) I don't think the OP had bought the wrong door, but was checking to make sure he didn't?  Wasn't it the chap in the video @TomsFocus posted who put the wrong door on without measuring it?

• Like 2

Yeah, that's probably my fault!  Thought you'd all like to see how smart 206 owners are! :laugh:

Though I agree he did post two near identical threads which wasn't really necessary lol.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club