Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2020 black screen death

Haza

Hi just picked my brand new focus up all ok got 30 mins away from dearlership and the 8inch screen just switched off and will not power back on.

i have tried disconnecting battery but no good. Any other tests I could do.

thanks

Personally I take it straight back to the dealer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Haza said:

Can’t get me in until Friday the car isn’t 24hrs old 

Not good!

In the meantime - had this happen a couple of times in the Fiesta, but on starting, not while driving. After switching off, getting out, locking doors and then unlocking doors and restarting the car, it came back on. 

You could try to do a soft reset of the Sync System by holding down the Seek Up and Audio Power Buttons at the same time for several seconds then wait 3 minutes before pressing the Audio Button again.

You could also check the fuses in the passenger compartment fuse box, but if one has blown then it has done so for a reason and is indicative of a problem.

If everything else is working ok then my gut feeling is that it is a hardware problem.

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Can’t get me in until Friday the car isn’t 24hrs old 

It's probably several weeks old and has been left in a compound until you collected it.  I reckon it'll sort itself out once it's been driven a bit, but obviously if not it'll need a warranty repair.

• 4 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, Haza said:

Hi just picked my brand new focus up all ok got 30 mins away from dearlership and the 8inch screen just switched off and will not power back on.

i have tried disconnecting battery but no good. Any other tests I could do.

thanks

Hi Haza, what was the outcome of this? I have a late November 2019 Focus (19.75 Model Year) and the other half has just rang me and said the screen has just gone black on her. Already told her the obvious to click the Audio button but not changing anything. Will try the reset already mentioned above and the On/Off trick. Would be interested to know if it was a fault with the hardware on yours.

• Like 1

Just an update on mine, the screen came back on after she left it whilst in the supermarket and came back half an hour later. It was a Sainsbury supermarket if that helps anyone else :-). I work for Jaguar Land Rover in Coventry and had a similar thing happen when out in a Velar once, the main dashboard screen went black, so no speedo etc. That came back on after a 'reboot' also. Worry over for me for now anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club