Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like my little girls first Christmas! Obviously at 9 months she doesnt understand it yet but its still nice. The years to come will get better and better right up until she becomes a moody teenager who just wants money rather than presents and to stay in bed until the dinner is cooked! :laugh:

• Like 1

we been at that later stage for quite a few years now. lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

I do like my little girls first Christmas! Obviously at 9 months she doesnt understand it yet but its still nice. The years to come will get better and better right up until she becomes a moody teenager who just wants money rather than presents and to stay in bed until the dinner is cooked! :laugh:

:laugh: I got moaned at for getting up at 11 this morning! :ph34r: Still got a few nice presents, mum always chooses well seeing I didn't really want anything that wasn't  £500+ :rolleyes:

I'll be her chauffeur for the next few days so hopefully I'll redeem myself.

Merry Christmas everyone. :xmas:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

I think most adults would do that too if they could get away with it!! :laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I think most adults would do that too if they could get away with it!! :laugh:

Definitely, Im getting a sweat on now cooking my first ever Christmas dinner! 

Do you think this has had long enough?:whistling1:

Screenshot_20161225-134412.pngI dont want to poison anyone! :laugh:

Ahhhh peking roast turkey. Looks real good.

• Like 2

There's absolutely no-one about when Brandy and I embarked on her extended morning stroll, as if everyone had been abducted by aliens overnight:laugh: All the other 6am-7am dogs and their accompanying humans, that we usually see were absent.:mellow:  

Dogs still need their morning walks, regardless of it being Xmas

Loose pavement change was much lower this morning (£11.67) but then again, all the takeaways except for the curry house, closed early yesterday, it's hardly surprising

Initially, we had the entire 4 acre Corfe Mullen Rec to ourselves, until a solitary Staffie appeared on the far end (by the scout hut) with his man, tossing his ball with one of those  throwers. 

32 minutes ago, WES180 said:

That's taken a crispy skin to whole new level

mind you, charcoal is quite good remedy for indigestion, so it'll save on the Rennies later:laugh:

Ha ha, very crispy!

Luckily that was just a pic off the tinternet. We are not fussed on turkey so we had lamb, cooked to perfection i might add, nice and pink.:smile:

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Did your smoke alarm go off?  If not, put it back in for another half an hour!! :wink:

17 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Ha ha, very crispy!

Luckily that was just a pic off the tinternet. We are not fussed on turkey so we had lamb, cooked to perfection i might add, nice and pink.:smile:

It has been a while since I had a good bit of lamb, might buy some for New Year's dinner.

our bird didnt get as far as getting burnt. was gone off before getting to ovan stage . lol even had use by date of 28th!! we had a very merry vegetarian xmas dinner

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

our bird didnt get as far as getting burnt. was gone off before getting to ovan stage . lol even had use by date of 28th!! we had a very merry vegetarian xmas dinner

Erm, its only the 25th Ian! Did it smell off or something then?

I would have had sausages with it before i ate a dinner with no meat!

yep, smelt it just before putting it in oven, oh well, was only 3 of us . having a repeat dinner tommorow but for 10 , and my sister is cooking the meats this time while i do the rest. should have a better result tommorow. we laughed about it and my kids glad they had lunch with there mum and family

• Like 1

Eurgh...  That can happen before the date, came across it a few times with chicken when I worked in a supermarket, the smell was horrendous!!

I do like going for a walk on Xmas afternoon, very few people about and even fewer cars.  Nice and peaceful, seems like the air is cleaner as well but probably placebo lol.  There was also a really nice sunset with red and pinky orange clouds. :smile:

Not so keen on the fact my OCD went into overdrive at dinner...Worrying the pigs in blankets weren't cooked.  Like they weren't to my usual burnt standard but everything else was cooked and they had over half an hour at 200, surely they couldn't be raw after that lol.  Hopefully they were alright but only had 2 and binned the rest, would just be nice to have one meal without worrying about it!! :dry:

In other news I also had to stop eating mid dinner for an Xmas dump, I do like the speed and firmness of it though, compared to what I was expecting! :laugh:. (You didn't think I could go a day without mentioning something toilet related surely!! :tongue: )

Anyway, now off to wash up (something I do actually like lol).

We're not actually having our actual xmas dinner until Wednesday, when both my brothers descend, and Brandy has some pugs to play with (or irritate her, depending on whether her cushion gets annexed)

I shall probably braise some belly of pork later and have it with a broccoli based salad.

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Eurgh...  That can happen before the date, came across it a few times with chicken when I worked in a supermarket, the smell was horrendous!!

Poultry can go off rapidly in comparison to other meats.

Just occasionally Brandy decides she doesn't want her chicken and leaves it in her bowl.  It doesn't take very long at room temperature for it perfume the house with that iffy poultry smell:sick:

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

In other news I also had to stop eating mid dinner for an Xmas dump, I do like the speed and firmness of it though, compared to what I was expecting! :laugh:. (You didn't think I could go a day without mentioning something toilet related surely!! :tongue: 

Brandy does that all the time, at every tea. It's as if just one more mouthful would cause her to explode!  She puts her chicken down in her bowl, goes outside, has a poo and returns to resume eating:laugh:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like going for a walk on Xmas afternoon, very few people about and even fewer cars.  Nice and peaceful, seems like the air is cleaner as well but probably placebo lol.  There was also a really nice sunset with red and pinky orange clouds. :smile:

Not so keen on the fact my OCD went into overdrive at dinner...Worrying the pigs in blankets weren't cooked.  Like they weren't to my usual burnt standard but everything else was cooked and they had over half an hour at 200, surely they couldn't be raw after that lol.  Hopefully they were alright but only had 2 and binned the rest, would just be nice to have one meal without worrying about it!! :dry:

In other news I also had to stop eating mid dinner for an Xmas dump, I do like the speed and firmness of it though, compared to what I was expecting! :laugh:. (You didn't think I could go a day without mentioning something toilet related surely!! :tongue: )

Anyway, now off to wash up (something I do actually like lol).

As opposed to mine this morning, which was akin to tarmacadam... :shock:

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

As opposed to mine this morning, which was akin to tarmacadam... :shock:

Ha ha! 

Screenshot_20161225-192740.png

• Like 1

At least you made it to the toilet, unlike this guy.........:laugh:

Screenshot_20161225-192931.png

32 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Ha ha! 

Screenshot_20161225-192740.png

Similar, only a bit darker and of a rougher consistency (not liquid, but many small hard "pieces")... :ohmy:

I do like opening another nostalgic pack of sweets tonight...  No wonder I have tooth-ache, eh!?

WP_20161225_19_47_59_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Brandy does that all the time, at every tea. It's as if just one more mouthful would cause her to explode!  She puts her chicken down in her bowl, goes outside, has a poo and returns to resume eating:laugh:

Lol, it genuinely is like that though!  No matter how many times I go before, I always have to go immediately after food, or during if it's a large meal like today.  I can't make sense of it, I mean it can't go through that quickly, and there cant be so much in there that adding a little more forces some out the other end! :laugh: 

12 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like opening another nostalgic pack of sweets tonight...  No wonder I have tooth-ache, eh!?

WP_20161225_19_47_59_Pro.jpg

Well, I wasn't expecting you to like balls in your mouth, Jamie! :ohmy::tongue: 

On the subject of food though, I reckon I've had more than my 5 a day of fruit today...  2 bottles of J20 (I think there's some fruit alongside the sugar in those), cranberries (albeit dried and emebedded in Wensleydale) and apple and currants (which for some reason is know as mince at xmas)...  Somehow we seem to have made healthy things unhealthy for the xmas season... :laugh: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, it genuinely is like that though!  No matter how many times I go before, I always have to go immediately after food, or during if it's a large meal like today.  I can't make sense of it, I mean it can't go through that quickly, and there cant be so much in there that adding a little more forces some out the other end! :laugh: 

Well, I wasn't expecting you to like balls in your mouth, Jamie! :ohmy::tongue: 

On the subject of food though, I reckon I've had more than my 5 a day of fruit today...  2 bottles of J20 (I think there's some fruit alongside the sugar in those), cranberries (albeit dried and emebedded in Wensleydale) and apple and currants (which for some reason is know as mince at xmas)...  Somehow we seem to have made healthy things unhealthy for the xmas season... :laugh: 

Only on weekends Tom... :wink:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dezwez said:

How is the  tooth-ache any better:smile:

A bit, the main pain now is a mouth ulcer which was incidentally in the same area as the tooth-ache (talk about bad luck!).

I think its the worse pain you can get. I find bonjela can help with  mouth ulcer :smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club